Pages

Friday, November 30, 2007

Ick, I'm Sick


I'm home sick, with a fever.

I don't remember the last time I stayed home from work because I was sick.

I get colds, sinus infections, the usual seasonal bugs, but rarely bad enough to keep me down or home.

I'm pissed.



I'm pissed because for the last month I have been spraying my office, the adjoining office, the phones, and the air with Lysol. Right into the ceiling fans too! Spread that Lysol! I kid you not, I use fricken paper towels to open and close any office doors.

Why? (other than I'm a germophobe)

JACK

Remember him? Please, go back here and catch up with me. I'll wait ... really go look.

I'm not going to get Dooced for writing this. I WISH he'd read it.

For the last month he has been coughing, sneezing, horking, and snotting all over the place. I forbid him to use my phone. I spray down the fax and copy machines. I hide my pens when I am not at my desk so he doesn't pick them up if he happens to be in my office using the fax or copy machine. I have told him to take drugs, get to a doctor, wash your fucking hands for God's sake. Does he listen?

(aahh-chooooooo) Obviously not.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel better already for it.

Yippi-yi-yo-ki-yea ... I did it ... 30 days

No Mo Na Blo Po Fo Mo!

18 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'm a workplace germaphobe too. I buy liquid soap for all of the restrooms cuz bossman puts crappy bars of soap in them that just look dirty. Bottle of anti-bacterial stuff in my office, use only my pen, paper towels to touch doorknobs and light switches...

And then there's public places...don't get me started. Holding on to the pole in the subway at Vegas airport...where 1 million other dirty hands hand touched...yuck, I was freaked out.

Go cough on your coworker's keyboard.

Michael said...

Isn't it some kind of sin to swear and use "God" in the same sentence?

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Congratulations on completing NaBloPoMo! And, I hope your feel better real soon.

Sherry said...

Congrats on the no mo blo!!!
Sorry that you got da fever...we'll get together and give Jack a smack!

TSintheC said...

Aw. Wish we were still closer, I'd bring you chicken soup.

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

It sucks to be sick - it's even worse when you know where it came from. eewwwww

Congrats on completing NaBloPoMo through sickness and through health!

Dixie said...

OH and I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Bummer that you got sick! As a fellow germophobe, I'm a big fan of Purell hand sanitizer and Clorox disinfecting wipes. I wipe down hotel rooms whenever I travel (ugh--doorknobs, light switches, phones and remote controls! Nobody ever cleans them!) I hope you feel better soon. Congrats for hanging in there for NaBloPoMo. You did a great job!

Biddy said...

too bad you can't use one of his sick days!

feel better!

delmer said...

I thought I had the world's mildest cold going. And I thought that for about a week ... right up until this morning when it turned into a sinus infection.

I called the doc and made a 12:30 appointment ... and then I turned into a typical man, canceled it, and decided I'd ride it out.

Joan said...

Congratulations. Yes, you completely NaBloPoMo and I enjoyed reading your posts. I hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

I missed you last night. I hope you're feeling better soon. Congrat's on making it the whole month. See you next week?

Mary Alice said...

yuck. Feel better.

San said...

Yeah for 30 days of NO PO BLO MO or whatever. Boo for someone spreading their gross germs!

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

Ack! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on completing 'NaBloPoMo', has been a great daily read :)!!

Hope you feel better soon!

debra said...

Glad to have found your blog. Sorry you've got the crud. I'm the only one still standing at my house. I am now the Queen of Clorox and the Princess of Purell. Hope you feel better soon.

Audubon Ron said...

Hope you feel better. I've been trying to get sick but have successful killed any flu bug with mass quantities of alcohol.