Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Oddball Moi

Yesterday's post had more hit's than any other post since I started this blog. Analyze that. Since there was an array of comments, I think I better clarify some things.

I owned a 1973 "Levi" interior Gremlin. Yep, picture posted yesterday.
I can wiggle my ears. Yes I can, no biggie though.
My first husband sold drugs to buy my wedding ring. I didn't know it at the time. Married very young, didn't last long, was more like going steady.
My left eye is totally blind. True, you can't tell by looking at it. It isn't all wonky. Just born that way.
I hitch-hiked to Mexico right out of high school. Sure did, ignorance is bliss, I lived there almost a year and had so much fun.
I can whistle loud using my fingers. Loud and Proud. Whoot!
I dated a guy from a heavy metal band. I don't want google searches to lead here, so I'll say ... bass player from a band by the name of the holiday that just passed Boo! He's gotten fat and old. *smirk*
I can change out a toilet, seal included. More than once.
I refill my water bottles with tap water.
I make myself drink 4 - 20 oz. bottles of water during my work day. I start with one in the morning, and just refill it all day.
I brush my teeth in the shower.
You can scrub better and let the paste fly!
Second husband was a singer in a rock band. Father of my kids and only real marriage in my heart. We are still good friends.

I have a couple hundred Barbie dolls. But only because I have sold off three times that amount of my collection.
I've never drank a whole beer.
Blech, I'll try a sip of someones, but just can't acquire a taste for it.
I did a wedding crash way before the movie.
A few, accidentally once and had so much fun, did it a couple other times ... in my early 20's.
I out shot a cop at paintball. Dated a guy whose dad was a detective, played teams in a 3 story building
and it came down to him and I. Got 'em!
I had a walk on part in a movie filmed locally.
No SAG card carrier here, this is the BS one.
My third husband's family owns tomato farms that supply a major ketchup company.
True, and the 3rd .... let's say brain fart. Didn't last as long as a tootsie roll pop.
I've never touched a snake. Just eewwwwwww
I have done a shark dive. In the Bahamas, the coolest thing ever.
I still have the first pair of jeans I owned. They are cut to shorts, worn out, but still exist.
I don't care for chocolate. Nope, PMSing was all about salty carbs baby!
I had a tree in my house over 15' tall. Yes, starting in the foyer of the first floor, going up to the second.

Tonight is my reunion/date with a guy from high school ... John. It's been 35 years since I have seen him last.
I will post about it tomorrow .... unless it's just too weird.

19 comments:

Casdok said...

Good luck tonight, and if it is too weird, we definetly want to hear about it!!

Mary Alice said...

Good luck. Make sure you tell your daughter to call you at a certain point in the evening, so that if you are hating the date you have the excuse of child emergency to escape.

Sherry said...

Loved reading all this...and can't wait to hear about the reunion date!!

Michael said...

Let's go for a 4th! :o)

Joan said...

I want all the details

Nancy said...

mary alice: my sister and I have done that in the recent years on each others "first dates"

michael: is hell freezing over?

Anonymous said...

So I guess I won't see your at Norms tonight. Have fun on your "date" with what's his name. Can't wait to hear all the details. Sorry you missed class you have alot of catching up to do.

Anonymous said...

This was so much fun! I am totally stealing this post idea. Hope you have a wonderful time tonight!

Anonymous said...

I would like to hear more about your time in Mexico.

I voted for the beer, but I'd looked at it as if you had never had a whole beer because you thought it might be bad luck. And that sounded odd. Even for someone from Michigan.

Anonymous said...

That was fun, now if you have a giveaway 'name that something' or 'guess what ever', can you imagine the # of response's? the BS one was not one I even considered, actually didn't read any that did, you've got that many 'barbie's' wow!! 1st. owned jeans should have been a give away on that one duh!!
Have a good time and be sure to order the 'MOST' expensive wonderful meal!!! Always have something memorable for your efforts of it, if for the most part it turns out not to be. But here's hoping it turns out to be more memorable for you than the meal, in a good way!!

linda said...

I want all the details, weird or not, of what happens when you catch up with a guy from school who has fond memories of your mammories!!!

I am sure I speak for everyone here!!!

Twisted Cinderella said...

What a fun post!

good luck tonight!

Jen said...

But if it's too weird we HAVE to hear about the date! This list is fascinating. You are one complicated lady!

And sold drugs for your ring? Cripes....

I hope I get to meet you IRL someday - this list alone could use a bottle of wine and some 'splainin'!

Terri said...

I don't know you that well (but now I know some things!) so I wasn't sure which one. This was a great post!

Jami said...

I'm with casdok! We want to know everything, especially if it's too weird for anyone to know about - just so we can support and validate you, you understand. Not at all voyeuristic. Nope. Not about that at all. Not one little bit. Really.

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Well, if he's reading your blog he'll get the message. At least you'll be friends, that's sweet! You can never have too many buds.

Biddy said...

why the bloody hell can't i comment on the post above this!? argh! anyway, look at you, sexy mama!

oh, and judging by the southern vicinity of his hand in that pic, he ain't wanting to just be buds...i'm just sayin

Sherri said...

That's very interesting stuff! Wow.

Desiree Eaglin said...

you had a tree IN your house? that's crazy!