Pages

Monday, November 5, 2007

"Girl of My Dreams"

... well not MY dreams, but Patrick's dreams.

If this is real ... if it's true ... it's quite romantic.

I can imagine both sides of this story.

Seeing someone. A stranger. A glance. Trying not to look like a stalker. Trying to make eye contact. Trying not to make eye contact. Hesitating just a second too long. She's gone.

Seeing a post in the local newspaper. Looking at a flier nailed to the light post on the corner. Walking out the grocery store and seeing it on the community board. Surfing the net and finding a blog created. All with the sole intention of finding you.

Patrick, today's post is just for you buddy. I hope you are real and this makes it's way around the net, until she is found.


http://www.nygirlofmydreams.com/


** Update **

I e-mailed Patrick and he replied. He said yes, it's true and he'll keep me posted if he succeeds in finding her.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was a song I heard recently and it describes this guys story to a T. I think the artist name is BLUNT and the song has the word beautiful in the title. Was he listening to this song on the subway when he saw this girl?

MB

Nancy said...

MB: g00gle lyrics to "You're Beautiful" ... good song, little different story ... or maybe this guy is BS, but I hope not.

Joan said...

I read James Blunt really did write about an ex girlfriend he saw briefly - still romantic all the same. I agree with you. In my heart, I hope Patrick is real and he finds the girl of his dreams.

Michael said...

You're Beautiful is a different story. James Blunt was going out with the girl, they broke up, and he saw her on the subway with another many. When their eyes caught each other, he "lived a lifetime in that very moment." They parted ways and he never saw her again.

(I saw his interview on Oprah - lol)


Betcha the girl is kicking herself now that he's a gazillionaire.

Michael said...

That's supposed to be another "man", not many.

Sherry said...

This is kind of fun...wonder if he'll find her...

Desiree Eaglin said...

that's totally cute and totally romantic. but i can almost guarantee that she's either married or a lesbian. lol
;o)

linda said...

That is so romantic. I think people underestimate how romantic men can be. I hope he finds her, it would be a sweet thing.

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Oh, that's so sweet, I hope he finds her. That is kinda like a move that was out a couple of years ago - On the Line.

Jen said...

I LOVE this story. LOVE it. I hope he finds her!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww--kinda warms your romantic heart, doesn't it? Right before the cynical thought pops up hoping he's not a creep or worse. I'm not happy that these negative ideas often follow something so sweet.....

Angel said...

ahhh, why can't I ever find a guy like that? My husband wouldn't know romance if it hit him square in the face...

I hope he finds her...