Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thank You

Thank you for leaving comments and humoring encouraging me to see my NaBloPoMo commitment through. Thank you for well wishes on this nasty bug I am caring around. Thank you for the e-mails sent with notes directed at specific things I have shared on here. Although I don't leave comment for comment, I read everyone and I appreciate them.

On the lighter side.

For the next 25 days, I will be posting a different "Christmas with Santa" photo on my sidebar. Just a way to count down until the big day.

I recently read Detroit has the #1 position in crime rate stats. I was born in Detroit and raised in the 'burbs of, so I guess I am just calloused to it. I don't freak out about it. I know where to go and not to go when maneuvering downtown. Detroit has a lot to offer in arts, entertainment, and sports. I can't imagine having to avoid going there.

Here is a little smirk ... Christmas Shopping in Detroit:

9 comments:

San said...

LOVE your photo with Santa. I don't know who looks more scared in this picture, the little girls or Santa LOL. Why DO we subject our little ones to such frightening traditions? When else would we encourage them to sit on the lap of a strange looking man let alone a stranger?
Shopping in Detroit....hahaha that vid is hilarious. Where did you ever find it? =)

Sherry said...

Excellent post today!! The youtube was funny but that Santa photo...priceless!!

Jessie said...

You know, the Detroit shopping thing probably would even cause my North Philly born friend to even pause. *snort* Of course, I didn't either. Because, dude, Atlanta. Come on. We have so much crime I just stopped watching the news because a cop was always dying in some firefight.

Anonymous said...

Both picture and 'youtube' are priceless..
Hope your feeling better...

Casdok said...

Brill!!

Carrie @carrieloves said...

OMG, that picture is priceless - in our family it was usually just one kid crying and the other is happy for Santa.

The video is great, I grew up in LA County, I still jump when I hear loud popping noises.

Anonymous said...

Ho, ho, ho!

debra said...

Great Santa photo! When my daughters were littles we did the Santa thing on occasion. One year daughter #1, unhappy to be there, projectile vomited on the guy's beard. No kidding. And no photo.

Terri said...

too funny; I think the "D" gets a worse rap than it deserves. I've worked downtown and frequent downtown for events and have never had a problem. Of course I'm probably far away from all the action that gives us the bad name, but it just doesn't seem so bad. Maybe we're just used to it.