Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TrueNorth , No Longer Romantic

"Message in a Bottle" ~ starring Kevin Costner and Robin Wright Penn

It was a sappy love story that I found myself sniffing snot and wiping my eyes over.

In one line, Garrett (Kevin) had referred to his (deceased) wife as his "One True North". The only one that kept him on an even course. I though that was so romantic. [insert swoon here]


It's not romantic at all ... it's a bad relationship and fattening!

Huh?

When I first decided I needed an online "screen name", I decided on TrueNorth.

For the romantic factor.
Romantic? Not so much for me.

I used that name to chat online and met someone that brought three years of an on again off again trying and tiring relationship. So much for romance.

Now, recently I saw an ad on TV for a new snack "TrueNorth".

"To bring inspiration to natural snacking"



Okay, maybe this is my one true love.

Looks healthy. 100% Natural. Different mixtures. Mmmmmm

So I bought a bag.

It was sooo good.

I bought another bag today.

1 serving of the Almond Clusters :

170 Calories
12g Fat
1 g Saturated fat
70mg Sodium

and
no preservatives, artificial flavors, or added colors. 100% natural
except

It is NOT natural to eat the whole damn bag in one after noon while sitting on my ass at my desk.

There are about 6 servings per bag, which means I ate:

1,020 Calories
72 g Fat
6g Saturated Fat
420mg Sodium

There is NOTHING romantic about those facts.

TrueNorth, you have not kept me on course in romance or in eating.

I think I shall delete you online and on my grocery list.


12 comments:

San said...

Who needs to be inspired to snack?

Joan said...

Nicholas Sparks does write some sappy books. This one as well as a The NoteBook got turned into movie. I'm guilty of reading and watching. He lives near the coast of NC.

Anonymous said...

I would think Nicholas Sparks books/movies are sweet enough to add 10 lbs without the almonds thrown in! ;-)

But those do look yummy.

Audubon Ron said...

Don't blame the bag Nancy Lou.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

How about "False South"?

Ellie

Twisted Cinderella said...

That is a great line! This was a great movie. Too bad the Truenorth wasn't as great for you as the movie.

(PS is it wrong that this post made me giggle?)

Mrs. G. said...

Oh great, now I'm going to think about these all day!

delmer said...

If I open a bag of anything the Snack Gods demand I finish it all off in a single sitting.

I've no willpower after I leave the grocery store. Sure, I can pass by the snack aisle without even thinking of buying anything, but if something makes it home it'll be gone by the time I'm finished putting the rest of the groceries away.

Bruce Johnson said...

The best laid intentions of bloggers and on line chatters laid low by over commercialization and media saturation.

Michael said...

1020 calories and 72 grams of fat for almonds? I'd rather eat a sleeve of Oreos.

Nancy said...

Michael : LOL Good point!

Anonymous said...

Costco has BIG bags of True North. They are yummy, not that I would know ofcourse.