Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

October in Michigan

I woke up freezing this morning and had to turn the furnace on.

I opened my kitchen windows and saw this frost on my neighbors roof.


I used my remote to preheat and start my car.

My eyes are itchy and my throat is scratchy.

And now, I think someone is planning a visit :

I will seek and find you .
I shall take you to bed and have my way with you.
I will make you ache, shake & sweat until you moan & groan.
I will make you beg for mercy, beg for me to stop.
I will exhaust you to the point that you will be relieved when I'm finished with you.
And, when I am finished, you will be weak for days.

All my love,

The Flu

Do you get a flu shot? I got one about 10 years ago and it was the worse winter, health wise, for me I've ever had. I'm debating on getting one this year.



10 comments:

John D. said...

Aw. Feel better luv. : )

Anonymous said...

I've never had a flu shot. I'm retracting my invitation to share a hotel room with you next week though if you do have it. ;-)

Go see the award I gave you!

Anonymous said...

Long as your not sick when you get the flu shot it should help, 'if' your exposed to the flu strain that is in the shot, which they've used the same for oooh 10 + yrs.. But hey it might help, just don't get it till you feel well again.. Hope that's soon

Joan said...

My daughter & I just got our flu shots Wednesday. It was recommended b/c of Mom having chemo. I need to find a time to get my son in for his. I had one last year for the first time. I've only had flu once maybe 5 years ago. The kids got it in November then my husband and I got it right after Christmas.

GingerSnaps said...

Oh no! The crud is going around...my head is killing me.

I hope you feel better quickly!!!

delmer said...

I always get a flu shot. I'm going to try to fit it in this weekend.

Michael said...

Never had one. It's cause you flew. Airplanes are a breeding ground for germs.

Anonymous said...

Just got a flu shot last week. Mike got one yesterday. I had the flu last winter and DO NOT want it again this year. I hope the shot works.

Twisted Cinderella said...

Ugh! Feel better! I had the flu shot last year and I hated it. I won't be getting one again.

dkuroiwa said...

Wow! Did you write that? It's almost like...yeah..I'd like to have the flu...sounds verrrrrry niiiiice!!

And flu shots? Every year, my dear, every year...all four of us. None of us have had the flu yet...knock on wood.
We get a lot of really strange strains of the flu over here...the bird flu last year was the big one....people died...and that was scary! I'm one for being safe and not sorry!!
Must make appointment this week.