Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dancing in San Francisco

Look up at that building.


No, not at Tiffany's or Saks


Over and higher.

Yes, right there. The row of dark windows.


It's the 21st floor of the Sir Francis Drake Hotel.

It's The Starlight Room.

It has the best night view of downtown San Francisco.
It has a fun dance band, Motown and 80's music.
It has Kenny behind the bar that can make a great martini.

Girls in dressy dresses to designer jeans, men in tuxes to sport coats, and lots of sweaty dancers. Definitely a fun place, even if just to people watch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez. We need to go have dinner soon.

Michael said...

Jay and I stayed at the Sir Frances Drake hotel when we were in San Francisco 3 years ago. The room was tiny, but it had very nice atmosphere. And the view from the Starlight Room was killer.

Angel said...

oh what fun that would be!!!! I love to people watch...with a little dancing thrown in for good measure.

John D. said...

People watching for me. Two left feet you know...or is it the trick knee from that old football injury...I forget. ; )

dkuroiwa said...

Oh the fun we could have there, Pooh! :-D
From looking at the pictures on that site, obviously, only the beautiful are allowed in....no trouble for us, then!!
(Wasn't there a TV show back in the 70's about the comings and goings at the St. Francis Drake?? hmmm...a bell is ringing and I'm not sure why.....)

jennyonthespot said...

Oh - I remember that room... I met "folks" from Tanzania, France and Spain.

So... tell me about SF, my friend...