Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

dysFUNction

Many of us claim to hold the crowning title of having the family that puts the fun in dysFUNction.

It's a claim I too have made. And here's a little proof:

Oh yeah, go ahead, click to enlarge

With explanation:

Occasionally, our family get-together have involved playing a game that all can participate in regardless of age.

This particular game can only be played once because of the element of surprise.

I went to the dollar store and bought things that could be worn on your head or hand. I wrapped them in a way that nobody could figure out what was in the package. They were all placed in the center of the floor and we gathered around the pile.

We had one of the younger kids pass out one playing card to each person. Then, with another deck, we flipped through the deck, calling out a card, one at a time. If it matched your card, you got to pick a gift. You can pick from the pile or take one from someone else. When everyone had a gift ... they opened it and had to wear it. And, pose for a picture. ;)

Do you have any game suggestions for our next gathering?



*yes, that IS a plunger on his head ;)

8 comments:

Angel said...

ya, I have a suggestion....adopt me into your family!!! ;) You guys have lots of fun!

Carrie @carrieloves said...

I totally love that game, very fun! I have that sign in my house "Our family puts the FUN in dysfunctional" my kids hate it, but they're just not old enough to appreciate it.

I love the plunger & the puppet :o)

Joan said...

I wish our family had fun at gatherings but they don't. Therefore I have no suggestions.

Anonymous said...

Your family looks like so much fun. I could never imagine my family doing anything like that. I love it!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Ooo, that looks like a fun Girl's Night theme.

False eyelashes, have everyone apply false eyelashes.

jennyonthespot said...

Nancy - that's awesome! You're so fun!

Anonymous said...

I'am with Joan. we're a bunch of party poopers! Great idea though.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!