Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Secret Boyfriend

If you read Mrs. G at Derfwad Manor, you know this happily married to Mr. G woman, has a shit load of secret boyfriends. Pilfer through her archives to see who is on her wish list.

I never really had a secret boyfriend.

I lie.

I have one, and until now, I never spoke of him.

Because ::: sigh :::

He's served as a Republican.

For years I have admired him and though he'd make a great president.

Retired Four-Star General

National Security Advisor

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Former Secretary of State


And now, supporter of Barack Obama

Among the many things this respected man has voiced his opinion on, the two that ring true for me are ...

Colin Powell tried to convince George Bush not to invade Iraq.

And, recently his thoughts on McCain's choice as running mate are "... she fails to meet the primary qualification for a vice president: the ability to assume the presidency at any time."

16 comments:

Sherry said...

Secret boyfriend material or not -- he's a wise man. Who speaks the truth. What's not to love about a man who speaks the truth?

Anonymous said...

The only Republican who ever stood a snowball's chance in hell of getting my vote. I was so disappointed when he pulled out after they went after his family. I always think of him when I hear "The best man for the job wouldn't want it."

San said...

I agree w/TX.. Who would really want that job.

Angel said...

oh will you share? Hmmm? love that man.

Carrie @carrieloves said...

LOL - my thoughts exactly!

John D. said...

Well, I don't know a THING about secret boyfriends, but I do LOVE *your* new blog photo, Marie Millard. I'll bet the General likes it too. : )

Anonymous said...

Oh, I will be sooooo happy when this election is over. I'm about to the point where I don't care who wins---just get it over with!

Kellan said...

It was a very brave move on his part - I respect him immensely!

Have a good evening - Kellan

Mrs. G. said...

Oh yeah. Good choice. The uniform helps.

delmer said...

He is a man of genuine integrity.

Good choice.

Desiree Eaglin said...

I love a man in uniform as well.

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Seriously?

I see a man desperate to be a member of another cabinet.

Not all that impressed.

Guess we will see if he played his cards right on November 4th.....I hope to GOODNESS he did not!

Hey...what will be argue about then? :)

Joan said...

Hehe. Chalk one up for Obama. Powell's endorsement will surely help swing Republican voters and conservative Democrats who were on the fence.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

You and me both, kiddo. Hope you don't mind sharing that big hunk 'o burning love.

Ellie

GingerSnaps said...

Willing to share? ;)

dkuroiwa said...

I've always had a slight weakness for a man in uniform....and yeah, Mr. Powell is one of the good ones, isn't he?!?! :-D
I wonder if they're going to start saying he's "un-American", too.
~~sheesh~~This is getting ridiculous