Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

Through the Juicer

"There was no justice served in that courtroom"


Those words were spoken by O.J. Simpson's friend Tom Scotto last Friday as the verdict was read in the Las Vegas robbery trial.

They probably were spoken 13 years ago (to the day) by many, when he was acquitted in the murder trial of his wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald L.Goldman.

Life in prison is what O.J. is facing. Kidnapping and armed robbery charges for his attempt to get back memorabilia he feels belongs to him and weren't for sale.

The out come has been looked at as a "pay back", "justice served", "spillover effect", and "lynching".

Personally, I believe O.J. killed Nicole and Ronald. I believe he got away with their murders. I'm sure most all agree his life and career was ruined because of the murders.

The Las Vegas robbery? Yes, he did commit armed robbery. Life in prison? Sentencing hasn't been handed down yet, but do I think life in prison fits this first time offender (according to law) crime?

I think if it was anyone else but O.J., life would not be handed down. Since it's O.J., I'm sure it will be a stiff sentence.

I can only hope for life in prison.

Your thoughts?

17 comments:

San said...

Totally agree. Even though his life went into a downward spiral after the trial he was still free to live his life as he so chose.. He should have been convicted years ago. The punishment for this most recent crime indemnifies the lack of any for the murder of Nicole and Ronald. Some may argue the lack of a conviction for a prior crime should not be an excuse to be harsh on him for this one. HUH? He murdered two people and committed armed robbery. It's time to lock him away.

Angel said...

Oh Lordie!!! This is sucha hot topic in my house!! THROW HIM INJAIL AND THROW AWAY THE KEY!!! He got away with freakin MURDER!!! Now, he thinks he's free to bully his way into Vegas to get back his stuff? Wasn't he found guilty in a civil case? Wasn't he ordered to pay the Goldman family a large amount of money? Was he trying to get his stuff back so HE could sell it and give the money to the Goldman family? If that's the case, then bless his little heart.

Anonymous said...

I can't remember where I heard it, but someone said, "OJ Simpson was convicted today for murder - er, kidnapping and armed robbery.

Snirk.

Anonymous said...

The only thing that could have made this better was if I had got to be one of the jurors.

Jami said...

Yes ... to what everyone has said.

Anonymous said...

Agree. It's called Karma.

Michael said...

Funny how life can come back and bite you in the butt. He's getting everything he deserves.

Sugarplum's Mom said...

He deserves the max punishment for these crimes. Not because of the prior murders I believe he committed, but because of his general attitude. His above-the-law behavior. Which he might not have had justice been served properly the first time.
It's silly to think that prior crimes don't come into play. Jurors are human beings and when they consider actions, I believe they also consider character. How can you not? and how has OJ's character been anything positive in the last 13 years?

Anonymous said...

I guess Karma has a way of getting her way, eh?

Anonymous said...

Life in prison is too good for the creep, I say put a target on him and send him to the front lines of the war, better yet in the middle between the lines with out a weapon!! Let him feel that fear of impending doom day after day after day.
Why should our tax dollars pay for his pathetic existence!!

Joan said...

Someone else w/o a record - it would be too harsh a sentence but this guy is a murderer!

Anonymous said...

I agree whole hearted with all of the comments that are shown above mine. He's had 13 years more freedom then he should have had.

A big thank you to the jury!

Mrs. G. said...

The longer the better. I hope he is very "popular" in prison.

San said...

^ 5 to Mrs. G! I'm ROFLMAO
~slaps forehead~ why didn't I think of that?

Queen of the Mayhem said...

In my humble opinion...it's about time he learned that he is not above the law.

Terri said...

agree 100%!

GingerSnaps said...

Oh how I wish I could give my 2 cents here...but as you know, I'm too close to certain aspects of the first case for comfort to be able to freely express my thoughts. I'm glad you posted this, though!