Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

Conversation Hearts : L-O-L-A ... Lola

*Conversation Hearts is the tag I have used when recalling my conversations with my daughter Caitlin.

Since she moved out, almost a year ago, the fodder for some of my favorite, hilarious, and head-scratching moments have lessen. This may be a good thing. At least as far as my gray hair and furrow lines are concerned.

So here we go.

Cait: OMG, I just saw the cutest puppy at the pet shop across from the salon.

Me: NO!

Cait: She won't get more than 6 lbs.

Me: NO! Remember Jenny? She pissed all over and you had to give her back.

Cait: She's purebred, even has papers.

Me: NO! What about Puma? You never even got him fixed**

Cait: Michell (her boss) said I can bring her to the salon every day.

Me: The expense, the responsibility, the fact you still live in an apartment.

Cait: Umm, okay, I figured you'd say all that.





I teased them last night, just because Ray is Mexican, they didn't have to get a Taco Bell dog!


**This morning Cait dropped Puma off at the vet to get him fixed.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better to have granddogs than grandkids right now!

Lola is c.u.t.e.

Nancy said...

^5 San

John D. said...

Cute doggie. Cute daughter. I guess Ray is cute too, but I wouldn't know.

; )

Joan said...

He is cute. Does she still have the cat?

Anonymous said...

San took with word right out of my mouth

Nancy said...

Joan: Oh yea, Puma is still in the house!

Anonymous said...

How cute!! Alll of them....

Mrs. G. said...

They are all so -power smiles on those two. I'm sure I've told you that I have a Caitlin too. Same spelling.

Michael said...

I got the delete?!?

Sherry said...

Taco Bell dog!!! You rock!!

But seriously, the dog is cute -- and Cait and Ray are cute together too...and I'm glad Puma got "fixed"...

Nothing like a conversation with mom - after the fact and yes, San is so right -- grandpets is the only way to go right now!! ;)

Margie said...

What a wonderful picture of Cait, Ray and Lola..You should be so very proud of Caitlin - and I am so glad to see how happy she is....

Nancy said...

Michael: Woops! I was deleting spam ... sorry =(

Nancy said...

Margie: Yep, I'm proud of her, she's been 100% on her own for almost a year now =)

And yes, she is a much happier girl with Ray than asswipe. I sleep better knowing he's GONE.

dkuroiwa said...

Your daughter is beautiful...and her boyfriend isn't too shabby either.
"Taco Bell" dawg....*snort* that's funny!!
And even though I'm not a big fan of little itty bitty yippy dogs...Puma is pretty cute,too.