Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Before, During, After and Never Again

I started following the Weight Watchers diet April 16, 2007. I didn't attend meetings or sign up on line for support. I knew by now, if I didn't make the decision to lose the weight, no meeting, no hand holding, no lecture, or cattle prod was going to help me. I had to do it myself.

The weight came on gradually and obviously I was in denial. I really didn't see it when I looked in the mirror. I think when I had to buy a bigger pant size (I didn't, I refused) and looked at the numbers on the scale, I knew enough was enough.

Some of these pictures have been posted on here previously.

I didn't see the weight go on, and I'm still having a hard time seeing it off. I was feeling great as the numbers on the scale came down, but I have been playing with the same 5 lbs. since the first of the year. I decided to get serious again and lose the final (and the hardest) 10 lbs. by the time I go to BlogHer in July.

Before: Pant size 12, Tops Large, 178 lbs.
December 2006

February 2007
(see the found treasures)
April 2007
Started Diet
Lawdy Lawdy ... my face is a balloon.


During: Pant size 8-10, Tops Medium, 140 lbs

August 2007
(same sweater as in the first photo)

August 2007
October 2007
(T-shirt by Sunshine's Designs)


Now: Pant size 6, Tops Medium or Small, 133 lbs. on a good day, average 136 lbs.

March 2008

This was taken yesterday after Caitlin trimmed and highlighted my hair.
Balloon face is gone,
but "character lines" show more ... and that's OK with me!

Caitlin took this a couple hours ago.


By July: My goal is 126-128 lbs. and sizes won't matter.

Yeah ... mmhm ... sure ... I'll look like her.


::: Thanks for the kind comments ... but I really posted this for selfish reasons. This will keep me accountable and motivated. I don't want to have to post a series of weight gained photos in a few months ;) :::

17 comments:

San said...

You look mah-veh-lous dah-ling.
^5 for sticking with it.

Dixie said...

Girl! You look HAWT!!

I'm so jealous!

Angel said...

what the hell are you talking about???? YOU ALREADY DO LOOK LIKE HER!!!!

Congrats to you!!! you look fantastic!!!!! FANTASTIC!! so cute!!

I'm so small and petty and most of all, jealous.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! You look fantastic! I wouldn't even think you'd need to lose more!

Good work!

Mrs. G. said...

You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You look great. The hair too. Who cares about the lines. We have all earned them , one way or another.

Audubon Ron said...

Very nice, sincerely.

Mary Alice said...

You are an inspiration...your body looks great and so does your hair!

Anonymous said...

What's in a number? Why 126-128? You look great as you are. Will you look any better at 126? You couldn't possibly!

What ever you do I know you'll suceed.

Robin said...

Absolutely fabulous dahhhhling!

Terri said...

lookin' great! Serious inspiration girl - thanks.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

You rock! You look great, and have motivated me also. I signed up for WW online; am down 14...life's steamrolled me and I'm not following to a T, but have been doing better and gnoshing on veggies instead of chips, keeping those points in mind.
I keep thinking "Nancy did it..."

yay you!

B.S. said...

Congratulations! So many people want to lose weight; so few do. My hat's off to you!

Hugs,
Betty

dkuroiwa said...

Yeah You!!! You look absolutely gorgeous, dah-lin!!!
I have always wondered about following the WW program without actually going...I know the dieting rules...I know what I should and should not eat and do...I guess I just need to be ready to do all that...and I'm feeling that moment coming. Thanks for posting about this...I'm with the others in saying...Nancy did it...so can I!!

Jami said...

AWE. SOME!

Just perfect!

Carrie @carrieloves said...

You look gorgeous!

detroit dog said...

You look great, and you're a good size at size 6. No need to get down further; most people would give their eye teeth (?) for a size 6.

How tall are you? I am 5-7.5 and am your weight (133 - 137), and a size 8. Used to be a six, ten years ago was a size 4 but it didn't feel at all healthy. I like 6 - 8.

But, you do look wonderful. Congratulations on sticking with it.