Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2008

As Good as Flipper


We got "Puppy" our Beta Fighting Fish about a year ago.
After watching this on Good Morning America yesterday,
I'm wondering if it's too late to send Puppy to school.



In all fairness, I have to give "Puppy" some credit.

When uneaten food sinks to the bottom of the fish bowl, it makes the water dirty faster. I began hand feeding him one pellet at a time since we got him. He only eats 4-5 pellets, so its fast. When I come to the bowl, he swims to me and waits for his food. I guess that should tell me he's trainable.

5 comments:

Biddy said...

that is awesome!!

makes me want to go buy another beta...

Anonymous said...

so you can teach an old fish new tricks?

Robin said...

Love it.

Our beta went to the great fishbowl in the sky a while back, I keep meaning to get the kids another one.

delmer said...

I wonder if I could teach one of those walking catfish to fetch the paper for me?

B.S. said...

I used to feed some carp in a pond, and they got into the habit of following me around the pond. I used to joke about taking the carp for a walk. I suppose they were pretty well trained.

Hugs,
Betty