Pages

Monday, October 29, 2007

Goofy Girls Night Out

Sue, Me, Cyn, Brenda, Madonna (yes, her real name)

Last June, my cousin Cyndi and I decided to meet in Royal Oak for dinner. Afterwards, we ended up at a club that had a live band. A few bottles glasses of wine, and we were reminiscing of the days in our early 20's, when we shared an apartment together ... and our unbelievable partying habits. ( another post, or ten )

That's how our Saturday, girls night out started. Cyndi works in an office with quite a few single women. Her telling stories of our Saturday nights made her a Pied Piper and one by one other's began to join us. We have a rotating group of about eight now. Of course Cyndi and I are ever present (shocked look here) and the rest come out when they can. There's always 4-5 of us.

It's so different being in the night life at an older age. It's all about having fun and not really caring what anyone thinks about us goofy girls. We aren't real approachable, but for the brave ones that do, we have made a pact. If a man asks one of us to dance, she accepts. As they turn to go to the dance floor, the rest of the table gets up and all dance with the one guy. No complaints yet. As the night goes on, and our dancing agreement becomes obvious, we end up as one continuous party out on the dance floor. ( great workout ) Because this doesn't work for slow dances, it's a polite excuse to decline.

Since we have been going out dancing, we've attracted a wide range of guys. GQ, Fabio, charge card waivers to the all American, goofy, lamp shade wearing type guys and they all just want to have fun.

12 comments:

TSintheC said...

Oh, I miss Memphis Smoke. And Monterrey. There's something about RO in the summer.

Nancy said...

Hot: Yes, Royal Oak is a fun place to hang out. On the streets in the summer, and in the bars over the winter.

captain corky said...

I'd love to hear about your party days sometime Nancy. Now If I dance with all of you do I get a good night kiss from all of you too? It's only fair. ;)

Sherry said...

Girls just wanna have fun...may that always be true!!! I love my girls nights out...I'd be insane without them!

Joan said...

Sounds like a good time to me.

Joan said...

With NaBloPoMo coming up, you might as well stretch your old partying stories into 10 posts.

Nancy said...

Joan: Good idea, I am still wondering what the heck I am going to write about ... especially since I am not a writer!

Anonymous said...

For not "beening a writer" you sure do an pretty good imitation. If I didn't know you and was just reading your blog as a stranger I would thing you were a "pro". You keep me so entertained.

Anonymous said...

I just might have to join you one of these Saturdays!

Sherri said...

Woo-hoo! It sounds like you have a blast.

Casdok said...

A great time had by all, me thinks!

linda said...

Well, I hope you were not in bed too late.... Oh, going out and having fun when older is sooo much better. Standards and hemlines are much lower.