Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Erebus

Erebus as defined in Websters~
The dark region of the underworld through which the dead must pass before they reach Hades.

Erebus on Greek Mythology ~
The son of Chaos and the brother of Nye (night)


Erebus in Pontiac , Michigan ~
Guinness Book of World Records as the World's Largest Walk-Through Haunted Attraction


This four story 35,000 square feet Haunted House, is the Mother of all haunted houses. Erebus leads it's victims guests through four stories of unique and terrifying paths with fear so intense some call it pain, some can't make it through the whole way, and some leave in tears.

It's right up there in Hollywood type sets, costumes, and make-up. The sound system is awesome and the special effects are equal to the best movie quality. The darkness and on-guard feeling you have as you walk through, makes the shock-value visuals and things jumping out at you right on the edge with terror.

The well-worth-it-price is $20, and they strongly recommend no one under twelve years old. There is always a huge line, but definately worth the wait. Just the anticipation is enough to get the fear factor flowing. The jury is still out if I am going to go this year.

10 comments:

Joan said...

Looks like fun. You need to go so you can tell us about it.

Nancy said...

Joan: I did go when it first opened. I don't know what scared me more... the whole set up, or being in a 4 story building in downtown Pontiac (a mini Detroit, safe downtown, just don't step one block in either direction) ... with people freaking out. I may go, if I do I will post about it.

Jessie said...

I'm sorry, as a self-admitted scaredy cat, I'll just stick at home and watch the insane people go inside. The last haunted house I went to was with my stepmom (I know, right?) and by the time we left, I had creased her shirt from where I was holding on so tight. Like I released it, and it stayed that way.

linda said...

Better a "created" haunted house than a real one.

Casdok said...

Sounds exciting!

Robin said...

No way, no how! I can't even handle those silly haunted houses where you ride through in a car. The mere thought of this one has my heart thumping.

Dixie said...

OH my gah!!!! I would loooove to do that! I love haunted houses! Love it.

Jami said...

One of the big Halloween haunted house attractions here in Houston (we've got at least 4) is going to feature a real live CAR crashing through a wall and then careening down the hallway toward the "guests". If I go, I'm going to wear brown panties and pants in order to avoid any embarrassing moments.

Nancy said...

Jami: Bwahahahahah, or just a depends *wink*

Joeprah said...

Man I wish I lived there.