Pages

Monday, October 8, 2007

One point Seven




One point Seven

let me repeat that

ONE POINT SEVEN




That is how many seconds were on the clock Friday night when my nephew's football team was down, 15-16. Joe is a senior and last of the high school football players in our family.


As we sat, holding our breath, we rushed 71 yards, then with 1.7 seconds left, (did I mention that already?) went for the field goal. The ball hovered in mid air for what seems like 1.7 hours and then ... the field exploded. The scoreboard changed to read 18-16 !



It was an away game for his team the Bulldogs and unfortunately for the other team, it was their homecoming game. ** Snaps fingers**
I hate when that happens, NOT.


12 comments:

Sherry said...

I am not a football fan as such, though my older son played in his last year of high school. But I am a sports-mom of very active hockey and baseball players. I could feel your excitement and have been in games were there was so little time left on the clock. There is such a rush when a goal is scored with almostnothingatall left in the game. Sounds like a wonderful time!

Joan said...

I hate people who post about football. 'Never watch the sport myself!

Joan said...

Forgot to add - congrats to your nephew! I've heard about some games that have come down to the last seconds (hee,hee)

Anonymous said...

Love those kind of hold your breath games, way to go 'nephew' and 'bulldogs'. Bet your glad you went to the game Nancy!!

Nancy said...

Joan: I know you simply hate football! :smirk:

Nancy said...

lis: YES, I am so glad I went ... I won't miss the last two either. =)

delmer said...

Too much of the world seems to be concerned with Rugby right now. Nothing beats HS football.

Robin said...

Woohoo! Way to go Bulldogs!

Jen said...

What great pictures with the post!!

Mary Alice said...

That is very exciting!

Michael said...

Congrats to Joe! I can't believe he's a senior...I'm getting old.

Angel said...

WOO HOO!!!!~!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!