Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Blo What?

NaBloPoMo

I know, cheap shot by me to put "blo" in the title.

I'm sure that won't be the only self-serving, cheap shot, grasping at straws, trivial BS seen posted here in the next month.

I signed on the band wagon for National Blog Posting Month. Simply (said tongue in cheek) an agreement to post everyday for the month of November. All thirty days. No more skipping out on weekends like I am known to do. "Post every day in November, that's all you have to do" ... simple rules, eh?

Panic mode has set in and of course I am clueless as to what I am going to write about. Actually I am clueless everyday. I just spew write more so to vent, or crack myself up, but mostly because it's cheaper than a $125.00 an hour "professional". I get more out of comments that are left here than any therapy session could offer. But I digress.

Digress, that's a post in itself. I've never used that word until now, but I laugh every time I read a blog and it's used. If I was talking to you face to face and I wandered off topic, I'd pull in the reins by saying "sorry, that's not even what we were talking about" and put myself back on track. Oops, once again, I digress. *smirk*

So, if you have signed on for the challenge, link with me as a friend on the NaPoBloMo site. If you haven't signed on and you want to, do it today because it all begins tomorrow.

For everyone else, feel free to email me, mariemillard (@) gmail (dot) com with questions, suggestions, and prompts for some blog fodder.

I'll bet at the end of the month I will be promoting to change the NaBloPoMo to February, leap year not included.

:: Just adding::

Robin asked "Why the cat logo?" ... and I didn't know, so I checked it out. The misspelled cat badges are a play on the LOL cats, at this site: I Can Has Cheezeburger.

Well, there ya go =)

14 comments:

Robin said...

I'm not doing NaBloPoMo because between visiting parents and a trip I won't be around a good chunk of the month but it does sound fun.

Explain to me though, why is there a cat on all the logos?

Casdok said...

IM sure you will take it in your stride!!
Good luck!

linda said...

Mmmm, not a bad challenge that one...

captain corky said...

I'm on the fence and can't decide if I want to take part or not. I kind of want to, but Thanksgiving is coming... I'll definitely tune in for you though. ;)

Patience said...

You rock! And I'll be right behind you, reading 'em every day too!!

Joan said...

I'm right there with you. I admit I've held off writing about some things to save for NaBloPoMo but now I've forgotten the subject matter!

Sherry said...

Happy posting..you'll find lots to talk about..vent, rant, jokes, you can do this!! I was going to do it but I'm going to be out of town for 2 days at the end of the month with no computer access :(

Have fun with it!!

Sunshine said...

I don't know what this says about me, but I have yet to have a blog "dry spell". I always have crap to write about.

However, I know it happens, especially if there is a daily post pressure added.

One suggestion I saw somewhere was to go to Wikipedia and click "random article". It might spur a topic you can talk about.

If I ever get stumped for material, I'm totally doing that.

Michael said...

What happens if you sign up and then don't post every day?

Audubon Ron said...

Nope, I can’t do it. I JUST CAN’T DO IT! I can’t write that much. You guys go ahead with me. I’ll be fine.

Nancy said...

Sunshine: thanks for the idea

Ron: you can be in the cheering section =)

Michael: Um I think the spam patrol comes and dumps all over your site.

Desiree Eaglin said...

You better write super entertaining stuff this month then! i'm going to be checking twice a day missy! LOL
;o)

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'm signed up! Still figuring it all out, but I'm IN, baby!

Anonymous said...

This should be very entertaining!!