Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ridin' Dirty

I have downloaded different ringtones for different people on my cell. When the song plays, I know who's calling (because I am so frickin' blind, I can barely see the printed name of the caller).

I have "Ridin Dirty" (Chamillionaire) for my son. He has a love/hate relationship with cops. He used to think he wanted to go into law enforcement, but decided most cops are asswipes. I tried to explain that at his age, being a guy, and his vehicle ... well, he would be a target for a few more years.

This song reminds me of Bryan. He has a white Jeep Grand Cherokee. When he bought it, he had the windows tinted the blackest black (illegal as hell), he pulled the back seats out and fitted it with his custom system and "8 10's". (That's 8 10" speakers) He put those tiny rims on his tires and a loud ass muffler. I asked him why he didn't just put a neon light on the roof saying "yeah asswipe, pull me over".

Anyhow, within the first year of this transformed vehicle of his, he went to court for the tints three times. In our area, even though they are not legal, most cops have a blind eye. If they want a reason to pull you over, that's a good one to use. He blew I don't know how many speakers ... his car was the one at parties or bon-fires that provided the music.

Now, he has the Jeep, no speakers, back seats back in, full of mud from his job (construction) and tons of dog hair and drool from his 125lb. baby "Bently". His tints are the legal lighter black and the rims are only put on from spring to fall. They don't do well in the winter.

Why does he think cops are asswipes? Other than the obvious, being pulled over because he's a young guy, this hilarious story really pissed him off.

He was at work (construction) ... they had dug footings a few days before. He didn't know when he left for work that morning, he'd be clearing water out of the footings, so he didn't have a change of clothing or high waterproof boots. Long story short, when he was done at work, he didn't want all the wet muddy clothes in the car, so he stripped to his boxers and threw the boots and clothes in the back.

He was driving home, 4:00 in the afternoon, and there was a huge accident ahead if him. (yeah, you see where this is going) The cops were flagging everyone over. He pulled to the side, and was stopped about 2 car lengths away from the accident. He saw in his rear view mirror the ambulance coming up behind him and realized if he pulled out and over, the ambulance could get right up front, close to the injured people. He caught the cops eye as he begin to slowly roll out to move and flagged that he was moving. The cop screamed at him, waived him back and came up to him, demanding he get out of his car. Through the window, he explained to the cop he was trying to move so the ambulance could get close and that he didn't want to get out because he had only boxers on. The cop made him get out, and then another cop who saw the whole thing, came over and told Bryan to get back in his car and move so the ambulance could get in. I concur, some cops can be asswipes.

13 comments:

OhTheJoys said...

I sometimes wonder if people who have issues about never being listened to are drawn to this profession so they can INSIST on it.

Nancy said...

OtJ : I agree with your thought. I dated someone in law enforcement, and met a few of his cop buddies. I surmised that these were the guys that were picked on in school .... now they have the authority to demand respect, whether they deserve it or not.

Michael said...

At least he was in boxers and not adult size Scoobie Doo underroos (which they sell at H&M)

Nancy said...

Michael: and you know this because????? lol

Sherry said...

I'm still laughing about you needing separate ring tones because you can't read who it is that's calling..ME TOO!! Now I know what I need to do!!! :)

Anonymous said...

'ditto' with sherry, :)
Poor Bryan... great ring tone, would love to be around you when that one goes off.

linda said...

Ah, good to see the policemen working along the same lines! I think the first policeman actually wanted a viewing of an almost naked man perhaps?

delmer said...

My cell used to play "Bitch," by the Stones, when a certain person would call. *Not* because the certain person was a Bitch, but because "Love ... it's a bitch."

And I really like the tune.

Dixie said...

Good one!

I found one the other day, but have no one to use it on. But I still want it. It's a funky beat and a woman's voice saying "Skanky Ass Ho" along with the beat. It's hillarious!

Jami said...

Bryan obviously just hasn't seen the right video. Here's an alternative:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xEzGIuY7kw

Nancy said...

jamie: bwahahahahahah, I emailed him that link .... funny!

Biddy said...

lol i drive a jeep grand cherokee too, except mine is red and well, i don't like it anymore...

oh, and by the way, i think cops are asswipes too. maybe your son and i should get together and make pink jeep babies...

Biddy said...

oh and p.s. ihave seperate ring tones for most everyone too. my mom's is "i'm not ready to make nice" because well, she constantly pisses me off haha