Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Metro-Detroit Warning:


We are surely going to have the mother of all snow storms this winter. Be prepared, ignore global warming facts. Don't believe a word you read in the Farmers almanac. Jerry Hodak at ABC, Chuck Gaidica on WDIV, Ben Baily at FOX, forget about the Doppler... just listen up.






Two winters ago I bought a snow thrower. I know most call it a snow blower ... but in reality, it throws the snow off to the side. I also think of that joke "Why did the snowman pull his pants down? ... Because he heard the snow blower coming".
So I prefer to call it a thrower.





I bought it towards the end of the season, like in March, after struggling with shoveling all winter. So that first winter I used it once. The snow was so slight, I probably could have swept it off with a broom faster. Last year I used it twice. Not that there wasn't much snow, but every time it snowed, I'd come home from work and the retired man next door would have my driveway cleared off.



I put it on Craigs list and have someone coming for it tonight. Metro-Detriot ... you have been warned.

14 comments:

captain corky said...

I'm sorry, but you're so screwed this year. You asked for it. ;)

Nancy said...

Corky: If Mr. Neighbor doesn't come through, I have lawn boys with snow plow as backup, lol

Mary Alice said...

Yeah, you are totally going to get it now!

delmer said...

So you're saying that if it were a snow blower, it would actually spit the snow to one side.

(I hope that's not too racy.)

Nancy said...

delmer: Unless it swallowed up the snow *smirk*

Michael said...

The comments are taking a turn for the worse - lol.

Let me thank you in advance for the brutal winter we're going to have. I suppose your punishment should be switching cars with me for the winter. At least you'll look good as your stuck in a ditch on the side of the road :)

I'm so screwed.

Nancy said...

Michael: Um, I'll be glad to switch cars with you .... next spring =)

Looks like you'll have to be the first to leave in the morning and sneak the Hummer.

delmer said...

Oh man. And I thought the 'spitting' comment was racy.

TSintheC said...

Good thing I paved my long-ass-dirt-and-rock driveway with asphalt this year.

Thanks. Thanks so much.

Send the boys to Ann Arbor.
;-)

Sherry said...

I could do without a lot of snow (brrr) but my kids love it still!
As for the snow thrower...snow blower...I'd never heard that joke before!! bwwwaahhaaahhaaahhaa!!!

Joan said...

All this is so foreign to me living here in the SE. We haven't had a decent snow in the last 2 years.

Nancy said...

Joan: You are cordially invited to come visit me smack dab in the middle of our first snow storm. We will sit on the couch drinking martini's while we watch the lawn boys remove the snow =)

linda said...

I have to drive for at least two hours and pay loads of money to enjoy snow - and even then for such a short time!!!

sometrouble said...

do you miss that snow thrower yet? Although, now that it's "spring" and in the 50s, you shouldn't need it anymore this year. right.