Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How Was Your Morning?


It should only take me 15 minutes tops to blow dry my hair in the morning.

It usually takes 30. Why? Because I have to stop and answer the phone.

Wait, I thought I heard the phone ring. Wasn't that the phone?
No missed call. Back to drying.

Okay, THAT'S the phone now. Stop drying. Nope, it's not ringing.

I hear it again. I ignore it because I know there is no one calling me ... the phone is now on the counter in the bathroom with me.

But wait. Did I just hear the door bell?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I discovered just after a hot shower, when my face is all warm and steamy, I can take a charge card and scrape it along my chin and forehead and really clear out the pores. Gross I know, but it works. BTW, I'm one of those types that makes a mess of her face cleaning things up that aren't even there.

So I am doing this and I scraped a bit too much this morning, on my chin. It looked like a rug burn. A rug burn without the fun that could possibly go along with chin rug burns. Thankfully, a cold compress and face powder made it go away before I left for work.

Oh be quiet, you know you are going to try the charge card thing. Especially since it works!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


And while I am feeling like "Rosanne Roseannadana" with my grossness.

Do you cut your nose hairs? Have you ever REALLY looked ... in a magnified mirror girl? Well, I do and have for a couple years now. And this morning, damn, I cut myself. But, at least I have no nose hair.

And I bet ya'll though I was lady like!

(I am, but just in public)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah! love this post. Also, I saw that you entered Pioneer Woman's Zune contest. I'm having a contest on my blog right now to win 1 of 2 Nintendo DS systems. You should enter! :)

John D. said...

On the imaginary noises, are you crying out for attention Marie Millard?

Perhaps I'll try shaving with a charge card...hmmmm. ; )

And I though nose hair was only a man thing. Or is that ear hair?

: )

Anonymous said...

Too funny, Nancy! I personally have a love/hate relationship with my magnification mirror. Great for doing the eyebrows, but it's easy to get obsessed with what you see when you get too up close and personal.

Desiree Eaglin said...

um, i'm intrigued and equally grossed out.
lol

Audubon Ron said...

Uuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrchhhhhhhhh! [Sound of tires squealing to a stop]

Did somebody say rug burn?

Anonymous said...

I always think I hear the phone ringing when I use the hair dryer too! (And it's not) Must be some sound frequency from the dryer or our ears are ringing. MIME

Sherry said...

ROFL!!! This was just the laughter i needed to end this atrocious day!!!

Kristabella said...

I don't answer the phone, so I never have that problem when blow drying my hair. So I have sensitive skin, especially on my face. After one long, drunken make out session with a guy with chin stubble, I woke up the next morning with a huge sore on my chin. Try explaining that one.

delmer said...

I have a special shaver for take care of nose and ear hair. This past Christmas a buddy of mine bought something that lets him get to his back hair easier.

dkuroiwa said...

**snort**
Too freckin' funny, my dear!
And really "rug burns"? on your face? sorry...I know not of what you speak....
that's my story and i'm sticking to it!!!
Thanks for the much needed giggle...really...I needed it!!

Susan said...

I hate that face hair that seems to be appearing as I get older. Especially sitting at my desk at work and rub my chin, and this hair has popped out and feels huge and disgusting. I can't wait to get home and pluck that thing!

Joan said...

I use a pumice stone on my feet every time I shower. That probably doesn't surprise anyone who knows me.

Anonymous said...

Interesting things to know about facial care...
Hmm, so just curious, do you get charged a 'service fee' for using the card on your face...??