Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

R.I.P. Wednesday

I posted about "dog death freaky-deaky" before, here.

I have noticed when Bently is outside, just relaxing, he lays in the driveway, next to the fence, right by a tree on my neighbors property. I always assumed it was for the shade, but he's there even when it's blistering hot and the shade hasn't made it's way over to the area he's laying in.

Yesterday, when I went out into the backyard, I walked over to the fence to talk to my neighbor. I mentioned that Bently always lays there and commented that I thought he just waits for him to come out and give him some attention.

My neighbor Bill, said, no, I bet he's just keeping old Sparky company.

I said, "Hu? Who's Sparky?"

He lifted the bottom branches of the tree and there was a rock, grave marker, with "SPARKY" hand carved in it.

He told me his dog died years ago and that's where he buried him.

Odd? Or just another Co-inky-dinky?

15 comments:

debra said...

Dogs just KNOW. Our dogs will go to the spot where our old BD (Black Dog) is buried, and just sit or lay there.

John D. said...

I think not a coinky dink. I believe many animals possess senses that we don't, and we don't understand the motivations associated with those senses.

Sunshine said...

I think you should use Bently's powers to contact Jimmy Hoffa, so you can find out if he's buried under the tree, too.

Then, find a portal to chit chat with Elvis...I'm hoping he's doing OK.

Michael said...

Does he predict lottery numbers as well?

Anonymous said...

I've read about this phenomenon before. Really. And I'm a huge nonbeliever about other things like this, but.... ;-)

San said...

LOL @ Sunshine!
P.S. Lovin' the pictures of "Little Wednesday" you've been posting.

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Oh, I think it is incredibly sweet!

Jen said...

You KNEW I would delurk to comment on this! (and I couldn't earlier this morning so I'm glad I can comment now)

No way is that a coincidence. Animals see things we can't (imho). I wonder what else Bently sees.

Angel said...

I, too, think that dogs. just. know. they have that "sixth sense" about them...I think it's sweet, adn shows what a sweetheart Bently is....

Joan said...

freaky but I agree with the others - dogs know.

Whit said...

My wife had a dog that did the same thing. They know.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Freaky. But awesome.

Anonymous said...

They are 'sensitives', some humans would do well to be their students for a day!
I'm with you 'Sunshine', have wondered about Andy Gibbs too.....

Sherry said...

No such things as coincidence. Dogs are very highly attuned and obviously Bently sensed a wonderful kindred spirit -- and it's the place he just wants to be. Some things in life defy rational explanation and the reality is -- there is none that we understand...nor need to. This is a great post!

just jamie said...

Oooh, I dig these kind of stories (no pun intended).