Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

"Bohemian Love"

I'm a sucker for romance and musicians. My kids dad is a musician and I remember the first song he wrote for me. Every time his band played it, people would ask "who does that?" thinking they were covering someone. It was that good. Had it got air play, it would have been a hit. Yeah, they should have been one of those bands that "made it". I digress.

Peter Doherty or his band The Babyshambles aren't on my list of my favorites. Pete, in fact is quite disgusting. I never could figure out what Kate Moss saw in him. Then again, she's an odd one too. When Kate finally dumped his azz and all the druggie baggage that went with it, I was glad for her.

Then, I heard this song Pete recently wrote for her and obviously self recorded and video taped. Kinda gets to the soft spot I have for musicians that write love songs. It isn't too bad, and I'm sure the things he focuses on in the video mean something to her ... that's if she even watches it.

6 comments:

Audubon Ron said...

Love songs take a lot out of me. I write them too. Will record one soon. Entitled, Lullaby Song.

Anonymous said...

didn't really care for it and I am a sucker for a good love song

John D. said...

The EAGLES wrote lots o love songs. And to think I could have been Glenn Frey's love child.

Angel said...

his voice is kind of haunting....but that could just be the drugs talking. He totally grosses me out...

Anonymous said...

FYI-It's not Pete Doherty singing-it's Coco sumner (sting's daughter)

Nancy said...

Lisa: Yikes, freaky male sounding voice for a woman, but I like it!