Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

Come Hither... Step into My Boudoir

Mrs. G at Derfwad Manor is holding an open house today at my house and many of her other readers houses.

She asked, "Reader, where is the heart of your home? What room in your house makes you breathe easier-makes you feel genuinely content?"

My bedroom, the only room nobody goes into but me.


Probably because it is the only room that is completed since I started painting and redecorating last January.

My mad photo skills didn't capture the true colors, but once again, as in my living room photos, my orbs were hanging out with me. I asked them to fly low while I took the rest of the photos, and they did.


My headboard is chocolate microfiber. The walls and comforter are the teal/blue that everyone and their brother are using with chocolate brown this year. Pretty close to the colors in the first photo. The orbs must have brightened up this shot. [that was taken in less than 30 seconds before the other, go figure]

The bench, also chocolate microfiber, opens up for some great storage. The picture above it is "The Girl With the Pearl Earring" by Johannes Vermeer. The gold faux silk drapes were inspired by the tones in this picture.

Since it's just my room, I decided to remove the bathroom door. It opened into the bathroom and took up too much space. It made the wall it opened to useless. Again, I used the chocolate and teal colors.


The print above is "Paris Rendezvous" by Jeff Williams.

I have my coffee while watching the news every morning as I sit relaxed, resting on the soft headboard. As far as sleeping ... it is so comfortable, I don't sleep. I slip into a coma before my head hits the pillow and awake with the Java I.V.

Head over to Mrs. G's house for links to other "open houses".

26 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Now that is a sumptuous room...that comforter just screams to be rolled on. I'm coming over.

Anonymous said...

....ooh, looks perfect for a little nap after the wine at Juggling Jen's!
Hen

San said...

I love this room! It looks so peaceful and relaxing. My favorite accent piece is the lamp on the nightstand. Glad I finally got to see it with the bed made LOL!

San said...

P.S. Is Bentley onto the "orbs"?

Mary Alice said...

I love it...the colors, the fabrics, the art. I agree with Mrs. G. that bed screams to be rolled on....can we all come over and roll on your bed and eat bon bons? Just once? Pretty Please?

Anonymous said...

Very pretty... I love The Girl with the Pearl Earring. Have you read the book based on that painting?

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Great room! We're under construction right now (soon to be blogged), but I hope to make our room a sanctuary also.

Love "Girl with Pearl"—also one of my fav. books/movies.

Nancy said...

Ree & GnG: I first read the book, then saw the movie and I liked it so much my sister bought me the print.

John D. said...

Niceesh Nancy Marie! I kinda get a tingly feeling in your boudoir. ; ) Thanks for the tour, it's lovely. : )

Glennis said...

What a pretty room. I love the Vermeer painting, too - have loved it since I first saw a print when I was a teen.

And what a cool color combo! Very soothing.

dkuroiwa said...

okay...so seriously...i really need to quit thinking like a "mom" sometimes...when i saw your bed and that white cover...i thought "oh...well that will never stay clean". ~~sheesh~~ I've become MY mom!!!

Great room...and is there enough room for one more for some rolling about?!?!?

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I'ms suddenly craving some Ghiradelli's.

KEEP BELIEVING

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! What a nice room to relax in after a long day...Kudos!

blackbird said...

You could rent that room out as a B & B - it looks so relaxing! You did a great job...

Terri said...

very nice! my bedroom is the last room in the house I'd take a picture of and share with the blogosphere. needs lots of help!

oliver rain said...

Very pretty and cozy looking. I love the shower curtain.

Sherry said...

Nancy, your taste is exquisite. I love these colours together (no matter if it is the combination du jour)...the Vermeer is perfect for a bedroom...I've always loved that painting, long before Tracy Chevalier wrote the book.

Your room is serene and calm and everything a bedroom should be...and taking the door off the bathroom? Makes wonderful sense and suits the room's ambience.

As for those orbs...what you got going in that house girl?!? ;)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Very luxurious. I don't care how many people use that color combo, it's still my fave.

The Girl Next Door said...

I love this room - and so glad I'm not the only one who has a BedRoom of their OWN!! Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely, soothing room. I particularly like the little 3-legged table beneath the Williams print.

Casdok said...

Love your taste!

just jamie said...

I'm looking for some bedroom inspiration right now (not *that* kind) and your room got me all inspired. Love it.

Thanks for popping over.

Michael said...

Our rooms are very similar...spa blue and the chocolate browns. I love the Pris Rendezvous print...very cool!

Angel said...

very sophisticated! and I LOVE blue and brown together....great artwork too!!!

Joan said...

brown is the color. We are re-doing my daughter's room and she picked bedding with brown, blue, and pink.
Your room looks so much better and relaxing than mine.

Desiree Eaglin said...

so fancy! and lush!!
hey, i tagged you in a meme, come check it out!
;o)