Pages

Friday, June 13, 2008

McMurphy and Me

Caitlin has been fighting a "bug' for a week now. High fever, sleeping all day, aches pains, etc.

Last Monday's doctor visit, they sent her home saying it was a bladder infection ... here, take these antibiotics.

Last night her boyfriend called me saying she wasn't well at all and could I come over.

She was burning up and lethargic.

I took her to ER. Temp 103 degrees

Blood, pee, swabs, x-rays ... the usual routine.

Mono? Nope Bladder infection? Nope Chest congestion? Nope Strep? Nope

Doctor: "Let's put her on an IV drip bag and hydrate her and cool her system"

3:30 am Temp 100.9 All tests are negative.

So where is the infection that is causing the fever?

Doctor: "Follow up with your family doctor."

After waiting for them to discharge her, I dropped her off at her apartment, went home took a shower and came to work.

Haaa-haaaa-Ho-ho-ho-ho . hee-hee -heee ..weeeeeeeeeeee! Zippity-do-dah

LOCK ME UP

Lack of sleep and lack of insurance is making me flippin crazy!


One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Jack Nichholson as R.P. McMurphy

16 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

I hope she feels better soon. AND that you get some sleep.

John D. said...

What Mrs. G said, and back in March I had something REALLY nasty that I was sure was something serious and I hoped that whatever it was would get fixed before I keeled over. All tests negative, and after 22 days, it went away on its own. LOT of weird stuff going around that our medical professionals can't identify, at least not expediently. : )

Terri said...

lack of insurance for you or Caitlyn? did I miss something (quite possible!). I hope she feels better.

Nancy said...

Terri: Lack of insurance for both of us. Ass backwards, I've had coverage since my teens and throughout my life ... now that I'm older and going to need medical attention,I find myself without coverage.

Margie said...

Her symptoms remind me of what she went through as a toddler...Hope all is well soon!

Nancy said...

Margie:Yes, Sandi noticed that too. I hope it doesn't become as routine as it was back then.

Michael said...

Cait doesn't get insurance with her job?

Nancy said...

Michael: Nope, very few hairstylists have benie's. Pretty much self-employed.

Anonymous said...

Is she feeling any better today? I hope so. What if she worked as a hairdresser at a department store like macy's or nordstom. Do they get health insurance then?

Joan said...

My hairstylist commutes in from a neighboring town because the salon actually hires them as employees with benefits rather than rent chairs out. It's the only one I've heard of doing that. I hope Caitlin is better soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor Caitlin. I hope she gets better soon. Poor Nancy. Nothing's worse than having a sick child, even when the child is an "adult."

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I can see how lack of sleep can drive people crazy! I simply cannot function without a mass quantity of it!

Hope Caitlin feels better soon!

Sherry said...

There is nothing quite so frustrating as an unexplained fever...aside from the fact that a fever means the body is doing it's job in fighting infection, you wonder just where the hell the "infection" is. Hope Caitlin is feeling better asap and you get some much needed rest!!

Anonymous said...

Wait you work full time, put up with 'goober' and no benefits?

Sorry Caitlin is so sick and hope it resolves soon, what happened when she was younger? I'm sure they ck'd for everything 'west nile' etc., it's been found here in Ut.

That was some Fri. the 13th. sleepless work day for you!!
Do hope you've gotten lots of sleep by now!!

Patience said...

Poor Caitlin! Hope she gets better very soon!!

dkuroiwa said...

so wait...let me get this straight...even after they are 18 and on their own...they still come back and need us?!?!?! Oh man!!
I got a card the other day that said..."Motherhood...the first 40 years are the hardest." :-D

I hope that Caitlin is feeling better and that you...are too!!