Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Imagine



Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky

Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one


John Winston Lennon

October 9, 1940 ~ December 8, 1980

18 comments:

Mary Alice said...

I remember hearing the news on the radio that day.

Sherry said...

I cannot believe that 27 years have passed..it's not possible. I remember how stunned/sick/shocked I was when I heard this on the radio...more than the death of Elvis, I think John Lennon's death was the end of an era, the end of an innocence of youth. Such a fully lived life; such a spirit cut short too soon.

Maddy said...

Thanks for the timely reminder.
Best wishes

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Anonymous said...

I never knew his middle name was Winston. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

Always loved that song and the tune started right up in my head reading it... Such a senseless loss, and words still very much in need to live by..
''Imagine all the people Living life in peace''
Thanks!!

San said...

I hope some day his dreams come true

Sugarplum's Mom said...

That is one of my all time favorite songs.

Joan said...

I was in high school when he died. I got pretty upset.

Angel said...

can you believe that was way back in 1980??? wow...seems like yesterday.

I love the new look!

Carrie @carrieloves said...

That is such a beautiful song, very nice tribute!

Jen said...

I was thinking the same thing...1980?!?!?

captain corky said...

He was a genius. Is that too much of an understatement?

One Wacky Mom said...

I love this song...it's one of my all time favorites!

Anyhoo, I tagged you my friend...up to you what you do with it!

OhTheJoys said...

I love this song. I also remember exactly where I was when the news was announced.

BOSSY said...

All these decades later and Bossy never realized Winston was his middle name.

debra said...

John's death was one of those "moments" I will remember: where I was, what I was doing, whom I was with.

¿Yh8? said...

He did not die. Through his creations he has become immortal as long as we do indeed "IMAGINE".

(this is a HATE FREE comment)
Why Hate? — Go Create

Desiree Eaglin said...

i love that song.