Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Why Hate?

My site is less than a year old.

It didn't take me long to see the stream of "cliques" ... just as in high school. (I have been out of high school 35 years!) Some bloggers support each other in commenting about others in a negative way. What ever happened to "if you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all"? I've never had a nasty comment left, but then again I've also read "you know you've made it as a blogger when you start getting hate mail". I'm glad I haven't "made it".

Daily, I read new blogs and always with an open mind. I chuckle at the writers who are "grammar and spelling police" and note that they only read blogs that are properly or professionally written. I happen to have two favorite blogs that I am sure would read as fingernails to a chalk board to those thinkers, but I enjoy them immensely. I like to read as if I were face to face, having a conversation. I appreciate the creative writers too, and I know some write with more theatrics because they are expressing their thoughts with an art form in their writing.

I was pleasantly surprised when I received an e-mail from a site I hadn't heard of or read before. They promote blogs that are "hate free". The Alliance of YHate sent me the following:

"Your blog was a pleasure to review for your ability to write about your personal views and life in a manor that is both entertaining and inoffensive. In particular you have earned this award primarily for posts like "Imagine" and the post titled "Restores My Faith ... In Kindness". Your commentary within the later was truly great content to accompany such a wonderful video. THANK YOU for being MOM we can all LOOK UP TO!!"

Thank you YHate for the nod and award. I will continue to write head tilting humor without malice. If I ever offend anyone, it's purely accidental.

22 comments:

Sunshine said...

The fact that your site is less than a year old is horrifically offensive to me. What were you doing before that, you slacker!!!

Mary Alice said...

Yeah, like Sunshine said.. and why are you always so nice to people? Huh? That really ticks me off. Nice people, phhhtttppp, who are they kidding?

Seriously....that's NICE. Really. Recognition is good. Congrats.

TSintheC said...

Way cool lady.

¿Yh8? said...

Your site is blog is well worth the credit of being labeled a HATE FREE site. So the thanks is all ours to you.

Your blog shows that not only is it nice to be better — but it's better to be nice!!

Why Hate? — Go Create!
(this is a HATE FREE comment)

Casdok said...

Well done and well deserved!

Sherry said...

Well done Nancy...you are one of the most open-minded, free thinking women I know. One of the reasons I love coming to read what you are thinking..you make me laugh but you also make me pause and say "oh yeah...".

I could never get into that schoolyard clique mentality either...saying something nice or not at all is the only way. Hatred stems from ignorance, fear and a huge lack of sense of self.

By the way, I am still loving these Santa photos every day...don't know where you're finding them but they are a major treat!!!

Anonymous said...

Feeling so sad I will never be asked to join the hate free clicque. Going to dye my hair black and smoke cigarettes while I scribble mean things about the YHaters in my notebook. Either that or I am going to check out a group that has the good sense to recoginze a smart funny gal like you. Congrats!

Angel said...

(clapping) Bravo!!!!

congrats! You deserve it. I think you're fantastic!

I don't get mean bloggers either? Why be that way? I don't get it.

debra said...

You know, the world is full of folks who look for the negative---the half-empty glass mentality. And people who are mean spirited. Why waste our time with that!
I used t tell my children that it is good luck to be nice. I think so....
Kudos to you!

Joan said...

I try to stay positive unless you get me started on Celine Dion.
Good job.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!Your blog always brightens my day! Keep up the good work or therapy. Love the pic today.Those cheeks on that baby are precious.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to all the kudo's...
Your blog (mind, words, postings)is like a breath of fresh air!

Robin said...

A lovely award and very much deserved. Congratulations.

I really dislike all the clique-y ness (how on earth do you spell that?) too. I left high school behind a long time ago and would like to keep it that way!

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Life is too short for hate.

Love warms the heart and the soul.

Congrats on the recognition, it is well deserved!

Terri said...

suweet!

Carrie @carrieloves said...

If anyone deserves this award it is you! You just keep on being great & I'll keep on trying!

OhTheJoys said...

What a nice piece of recognition!

I try to follow the Chookaloonks (sp?) Kind Blog (manifesto?) I don't know what it's called, but basically I try not to be mean or have my humor come at anyone's expense. (O.K. - except my children's.)

Jen said...

You are the perfect candidate for this. And you hit the nail on the head.

I haven't "made it" as a blogger either, although I've joked with other bloggers that they have - although I also feel badly that they had to deal with such negativity and vitriol.

What I love about your site is that you exude, even from the internet, such a calm self-awareness and confidence.

And you're lovely. In every way.

And, even though I'm telling you your fears are unwarranted, vitamin K products are the "thing" for your comment on my blog the other day. Have you done that yet? if not, let me know...

Anonymous said...

You so deserve this award. I'm so proud to call you my friend.

Congrats!!

They picked the right person for their award.

detroit dog said...

Congratulations!

If you continue to talk about fingernails on chalkboards I might just have to break down and say something negative.

Really - a very nice award to receive.

Anonymous said...

When did "Restores" appear? I don't remember that one.

linda said...

I love your site. It is a good combination of quirky and/or personal information. Lately I have been so busy I cannot have any more than a rushed look at people's blogs. It makes me feel I have missed out. Still, on my break I shall be reading at leisure.