Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas, Rochester Michigan


The way our downtown Main Street decorated for Christmas last year, has been repeated this year. There's not much to say because the sight leaves you breathless. Every store front has thousands of lights. You really need to be in the mix of the lights and the people each night, to feel the spirit. Here is a photo (not taken by me) and a local writer's video. It's best to know the back streets and how to skirt from one end of the downtown area to the other if you're in a hurry. Every night, the sidewalks are wall to wall people and the cars drive through at about 5 MPH.

11 comments:

San said...

Michael (Captain Obvious) and I drove through a couple weeks ago. It really is a sight to see!

Maddy said...

We have something similar around here - it's on our 'to do list.'
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"which takes you straight to my new blog.

Joan said...

How festive. We have nothing like that around here.

Anonymous said...

How lovely! Refresh my memory, Nancy. Exactly where is downtown Rochester Hills? (I've been away for 22 years and have forgotten some--okay, a lot--of my Detroit geography!)

Nancy said...

Karin ... I know you know the "mile roads" from southern Oakland County ... so if Rochester had "mile roads" downtown would be Rochester Road between 23 and 26 mile road ... lol, does that help? Or if you remember Rochester ... it's between Avon Road and Tienken Road ... your sister had her apt. off Rochester Road on University Dr. =)

Anonymous said...

How in the heck did I live in Royal Oak for 12 years and never hear about this?

linda said...

That is a lot of twinkle going on there.

Michael said...

It's just like the Osbourne light festival at MGM at Disney World...simply AMAZING!!!!

Sherry said...

This is really incredible...I LOVE it!!!

I also love that crying child for today's Santa photo...wowzee!! :)

debra said...

It IS beautiful! and it brings people out together. What a gift!

sometrouble said...

How did I not know about this??? oh..hi...I just found your site through...um...some other sites. I think I came from "fromthefrontlines" because you mentioned Rochester in her comments. I'm your close neighbor over in Washington Township. I wish I would have known about these decorations...I bet it was pretty awesome to see. Hopefully they do it next year, I'll catch it then. Ok, I'm off to figure out why this site is called "Marie Millard".