Pages

Friday, December 7, 2007

Baby's Got Back Bible

Nah, this isn't going to be a preachy post.

But in fairness, I will link to Momentum Christian Church in Garfield Hgts. Ohio. “Momentum moves people forward to love God, love people, and serve the world.”

I found their site by accident, but ended up reading about them and viewing a few of their hilarious videos. They have a obviously young minister who appears to be doing a pretty good job at reaching out to younger people. I found this parody pretty funny:



Yes, that guy is the minister ... what would the Pope think?

13 comments:

debra said...

This is a hoot! Who'd a thunk that this place was about 1/2 hr from me.
I can see how young people would respond to his approach.

Crystal D said...

I usually think these kinds of things try too hard, but this was pretty funny. Very creative. I bet the kids love him.

Jen said...

THAT is awesome.

Biddy said...

i love it!!! but it's hard for me to not sing the real lyrics haha

Dixie said...

I've seen that before, a friend of mine emailed it to me. It's hilarious!!

Desiree Eaglin said...

this was great! i loved it.

Maddy said...

Great to start the day with a good giggle.
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

delmer said...

Very cool. I like the guy's attitude.

Anonymous said...

Cool! I'm sure traditionalist ministers aren't too crazy about this, but what a great way to get kids' attention. But I'm oh-so-glad that rap (or is it hip-hop?)wasn't the music I grew up listening to.

Sherry said...

The guy has a good attitude; wonder how successful he is in bridging the gap between youth and the Church..

I'm loving these babies making their escape from Santa..the one on the left is thinking "if only my arms were just a little longer I'd be able to reach my mom"

San said...

Great video...that is one hip minister.
Santa looks remarkably calm.

Mary Alice said...

That was so funny. I'll have to come back and show it to my teens. Thanks.

¿Yh8? said...

Done so well even a non-Christian could dig it.

Why Hate? — Appreciate!
(this is a HATE FREE comment)