Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2007

But Wait ! There's More !

I took so much cold meds last night, I was asleep by 9PM.

Not a good thing for me because I was up and wide awake by 3AM.

I started surfing TV because my usual blog reads were asleep and hadn't posted anything for me to read at 3AM TYVM.


I can see how these infomercials can really suck you in get one's attention.

There was one I watched a couple times. (Yes, I haven't been back to sleep yet)



Victoria Principal's "Principal Secret". It's a complete cleansing and skin rejuvenating line of products that claim to "put the brakes on the visible signs of aging". I wonder if they're anti-lock.

The whole regime claims to clean, tone, lift, boost and enhance, all the while leaving the appearance of hydrated and tightened skin.

A 30 day supply is just $29.95 plus S/H. Why don't they just say $30 bucks? Like 5 cents is the deal breaker?

If I order this six piece "age breaker" system, I will get THREE bonus gifts. "EyeMazing Eye Cream" "Wrinkle Retreat Lip Wand" and "Skin Refining Thermal Treatment". That's a nine piece system ... almost an orchestra for my face!

As I watched this (a couple times), I kept thinking, Victoria and Andy?
What a mismatch that was. I mean Andy Gibb was the "hot" Gibb brother.
Victoria was Pam Ewing on Dallas ... remember, the whole season was "just a dream" so they could bring Bobby (Patrick Duffy) back the next season after he had died?

And Vickie? How can you promote your natural beauty line, when we all know you were married to famous Hollywood plastic surgeon Harry Glassman? Wait, was he famous for his work or for getting greedy during your divorce and being awarded an obscene amount of money from you? I'm just saying, you're looking a wee-bit nipped and tucked in your commercial.

She has a bottom of the jar guarantee. Try it for 60 days, if I'm not happy return it, even if I have used it all, and I will be given a full refund. (I bet they keep S/H ... I didn't read that far)

What do you think? Have you tried it? Should I?

Should I try it?
Sure, why not?
Don't waste your time!
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's a good product worth buying it's in a department store not an infomercial. Just my thought.

Angel said...

I've never trtied it but I've wanted to! I wrote down the number and everything...those info-mercials are so addicting....but I think there is always a trick to it somehow...you probably don't get your money back, you get a certificste to buy something else from her or something like that!

Sunshine said...

I use Arbonne and it is expensive but lasts a super long time so at first your butt puckers up at the cost but it's really not bad when you figure number of uses.
If there's a money back guarantee (which I'm betting would NOT include your S & H) give it a shot if it sounded right!

Sherry said...

Okay, I voted don't bother..and yes, I have tried it...I bought this stuff WAY back in what..1993...we were in Myrtle Beach on vacation, youngest who was 18 months couldn't sleep and had me up through the night..I was watching that informercial (that's how long she's been peddling this stuff!) and I believe she does some hocus-pocus thing where she mesmerizes you into lifting the phone and ordering. I'm serious. I was stunned that I'd bought something from an infomercial..so stay away Nancy..get out your garlic and back away from the tv..the woman looks plasticized and it that secret isn't in the jar!!!

dawn224 said...

oh... the 3am wake up ... we so could have been friends last night ... I wish I had your cold medicine though :)

Travis Erwin said...

Love the Santa pics. Sherry sent me over here to check them out since I have been blogging about the year I worked as a mall Santa.

One Wacky Mom said...

Hilarious...just hilarious. Nipped and tucked. They all are aren't they...except Susan Sarandon...and she speaks her mind.

What a novel freaking thing?

debra said...

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!! I agree with Sherry---get out the garlic. Just say no! Me thinks that Victoria uses more than Principal Secret...

Audubon Ron said...

Yeah sure why not. I am researching a new product for you ladies I think is a sure bet. It involves an olive oil bath and nitrates that are used in salami’s. Hey, if it can keep a salami preserved on a shelf in a store for let’s say two or three years, just think what wonders it can do for complexions?

Michael said...

I saw some clips of a Dallas reunion when I was in Germany. Judging by the way Victoria Principal looked, her product is the last one you'd want to waste 30 bucks on.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Michael---I don't think Victoria looks all that great. I would hope that, if I'd been married to a renowned plastic surgeon, I'd look a lot better! Having said that, I'm a sucker for new products and am constantly buying stuff at the store to try out, so I understand your temptation. I recommend you wait and buy someone's product who is our age and actually looks REALLY good (not that we don't.....) ;)

Anonymous said...

I have been using Principal Secret for several years. Before that I used Clinque and Mary Kay. I never go to bed with makeup on. I use cleansing creme instead of soap. I use European Bare Mineral Cosmetics. I will be 60 in april but I am often guessed at 40-45. Good habits or good genes. I am very satisfied with Principal Secret and European Bare Mineral Cosmetics. The combination works for me.

Anonymous said...

This is a very good product. I, too, ordered it very early one morning because I could not sleep! I've been using it for about 2 1/2 months now....LOVE IT! I always get compliments on how young I look...of course, maybe it's just me..LOL...but I do love the product. You can feel the elasticity tightening as you use it. P.S. My age is 39.