Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Their First Ballet Recital

When my niece was in the sixth grade, her parents proudly sat in the audience for her performance as Clara in the production of The Nutcracker Prince. Oh yea, the Prince was played by Bobbie Ritchie ... yep the one and only Kid Rock.


Through the years, my niece was in many plays, talent shows, and dance recitals. Elementary through high school, college and community theater, she is quite talented. I recall her stealing the show several times.

This past weekend my niece and her husband were the proud parents in the audience as their two children had their first ballet recital. Her son is 6 and daughter is 3. As you will see, they both are following in her footsteps as far as stealing the show. It won't take but a minute to figure out which one is my great niece.






Waving, "Hi Nana and Papa"


"Danseur" ... not ballerina!

12 comments:

Robin said...

What cuties!

Anonymous said...

How fun, oyee, time does whisk by without our realizing it ahy!
Cycle of life....

San said...

This cracks me up every time I watch it. They are definitely their mother's spawn.

Carrie @carrieloves said...

That is adorable, little ballerinas and "danseurs" are so sweet!

Kid Rock, eh! Small world.

Desiree Eaglin said...

that's some of the cutest stuff i've ever seen!!
:o)

Audubon Ron said...

Ohn the tights. I still a few in my house somewhere.

Anonymous said...

AWW! I have to get out my daughters 1st recital video now. She's only 5 but the difference between now and that first performance at 2 is so incredible.

Sherry said...

Love this!! I've got hockey players and I always wanted ballerinas (danseurs, pardone moi!)

TSintheC said...

Nancy-
One of my developers used to live next door to Bob. I love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

How I remember those days. My "dancer" quit after 7 years. I do miss it.

Anonymous said...

How adorable!!!

Mackey said...

OMG!!!! That is my Bobby as the Nutcracker!!!!
Thx for sharing! I love it!