Pages

Friday, December 21, 2007

Conversation Hearts: To Cut or Not to Cut

Caitlin : Should I cut my hair?

Me: I like your hair how it is, but I think you'd look cute with it short too.
(can you tell I have learned?)

Cait: I'm thinking of cutting it like Victoria Beckham's

Me: It's a cute cut, and you'd look cute, but every time your hair gets any length to it, you cut it off and then regret it.

Cait: No I don't.

Me: Okay, well cut it then.

Cait: No, I better not, I usually wish I hadn't every time I do cut it.

re·gret
1.to feel sorrow or remorse for (an act, fault, disappointment, etc.): He no sooner spoke than he regretted it.
2.to think of with a sense of loss: to regret one's vanished youth.
–noun
3.a sense of loss, disappointment, dissatisfaction, etc.
4.a feeling of sorrow or remorse for a fault, act, loss, disappointment, etc.

Me: Okay, leave it long, maybe just lighten it for a change.

Cait: Maybe I should just lose weight.

Me: ( not even going there, silence )

Last night, after work:



19 comments:

Jami said...

OK - it wasn't a DRASTIC cut so when the regret mantra starts you can safely tell her to wait until summer and it will all be better.

Audubon Ron said...

I have learned about the hair.

Out of the clear blue, “Dang Honey, your hair looks REALLY great.”

Honey: You think?

When asked, do you think my hair looks good?

Me: You know I think you look like Hollywood. (English translation: You make Don King look like Mary Tyler Moore).

Nancy said...

Jami: Except the back ... super short ... no more ponytails for awhile.

AR: smart man =)

Carrie @carrieloves said...

She looks amazing! I love the cut & color. Very pretty.

Dixie said...

WOW!! So she cut AND colored it!

It looks fab-u-luss!! I love it. I want to get mine cut like that, but I chicken out every time I get in the chair.

Biddy said...

hahahaha that's funny

super cute do by the way!

debra said...

Being a mom: mastering the art of responding without giving an opinion. Or-----letting them make their own choices. Well done!

Joan said...

My daughter is only 10 and she's starting to act like that, too. C's hair looks cute. Now can she find a guy who looks like Becks?

Anonymous said...

Kids--gotta love 'em! The new 'do looks really cute.

Sherry said...

We do learn how to have these heart-to-heart conversations, don't we Nancy? It's not much different with boys!!

Caitlin is so beautiful and her new hairstyle is "da bomb"!!!

San said...

L.O.V.E IT!

Anonymous said...

Caitlin looks cute no matter how she wears her hair.

She did a great job on herself.

I love what debra said about offering opinions without really doing it.

OhTheJoys said...

Is it true? What debra said?

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

I was so scared as I started to read your post, but everything turned out great. She is adorable with the new do.

detroit dog said...

1. She does NOT have to lose weight.

2. Remember when everyone was getting their hair cut like Dorothy Hamill and Farrah Fawcett?

3. Two weeks ago I cut my hair - a shag. retro 70s. Someone should have stopped me.

Nancy said...

Det Dog: But I LOVED the 70's shag ... that was all me =) I'd love to see what it looks like.

and her weight? pffft, that's why I remain silent .... I think she just says that to get me going ... she never has had a weight problem.

Michael said...

I love how posts on Caitlin's hair get the most comments - lol.

Nancy said...

Michael: all my posts with Cait are labeled "conversation hearts" and they always have the most comments, ... I think she could be a sit-com in the making

perdido said...

I LOVE her haircut. She looks awesome. So, has she regretted it?