Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

How Cold is it in Michigan?

It's been so cold that I have been keeping a lit candle next to "Puppy's" fish bowl because he doesn't move much otherwise. The first time I lit a candle by him, he swam over and was playful ... can a fish can be playful ?!?!?

So I leave just a tea candle going (don't want to boil that water) and he seems to be doing much better.

I can't believe some of the things I do for my pets.

And the weather? In the single digits or low teens at night, in the twenty's during the day. Damn cold.


11 comments:

Audubon Ron said...

Wear your warm jammies. Cold night, I'd be spooning.

Mackey said...

Brrr....stay warm!

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Stay warm & cute fishie.

San said...

Um....yeh....the weather, LOL

Joan said...

I read this then put some pictures of my beach trips as a change of scenery on my blog. We talked to my BIL in Montana yesterday - yikes. Actually it was in the high 5o's here so I can't complain. Keep warm.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

we never get used to this bitter cold, do we?! If it makes you feel better, I cover up the cat with her blanket when she falls asleeep. Though, keeping a candle burning for a fish trumps tucking in a cat, I think.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never owned a fish so I didn't know that you had to keep them warmed up a bit in the winter. That picture was too cute.

Anonymous said...

Brrr, have you tried a heating pad? Your such a good mum...

Anonymous said...

Dude. 60 tomorrow. He'll be fine. ;-)

Michael said...

LOL, I must be desensitized...I thought today felt like a heat wave compared to last weekend.

Angel said...

ah, the things we do for our pets....