Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

Dedicated to Grandma Bridget

My Grandma Bridget was one hot number in her day.

Her unique birthday, 10-10-10, guaranteed she'd be different.

She lived a colorful life and had many stories.

I'm sure many went to her grave with her.

Our family jokes still revolve around her sexual innuendos. Until the day she died, well into her 80's, she continued to check herself out in the full length mirror to confirm she still had it going on. Anything she looked at or talked about, she found naughtiness in.

So, when a supplier dropped this "Bumpy Cake" off at the office, I channeled Grandma Bridget and immediately saw more than cake.

Bon Appetit
( Grandma would probably say "Bone Appetite")



P.S. "The Bumpy Cake" is a "Saunders" original recipe and usually looks like this:

17 comments:

Mackey said...

omg!!! lol
That is definitely more than cake!

linda said...

Interesting style of decoration. Well, it will look the same on the way in as on the way out.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, I love Grandma Bridget. I loved my Grammy, but naughy she was not.

Ellie

Anonymous said...

I think Oscar would have enjoyed the cake

GloZell said...

I love cake...well not all cake, but THAT cake for sure!! You have to send that photo too http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

If you haven't checked out that blog before it's well worth exploring the archives!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I haven't had one of those cakes in years! They are soooo yummy. I was always so busy eating the cake that it never registered what it looked like. Too funny.

Audubon Ron said...

I walk a dog everyday. That's a whole different visual for me.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

ah, I had the cakewrecks link all ready, but GloZell beat me to it! Send it!

San said...

I was all set to say I can't wait to bite into it until I read Ron's comment. FYR (for your readers) The cake ended up in my freezer and will be served on Christmas Day...in honor of Grandma B. LOL

Molly said...

Here's to Grandma Bridget. May we all live such a colorful life.

Michael said...

I didn't know her b-day was 10-10-10, way cool.

I thought turd more than penis, but hey, on a cake, each is equally unappetizing.

LOL @ anon!

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMM. Saunders. I remember going to the original with my grandmother and ordering bumpy cake. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

*lol*, that reminds me of my MIL... Enjoy the cake..

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Oppps. I just realized that I left a comment when I was still signed in as GloZell, but that comment was from me - FMM.

OhTheJoys said...

Grandma and I are totally getting our jollies offa that cake!

delmer said...

So, it normally looks like a Hostess Cupcake of some sort and the quad man tools are unique to your family.

We all have our Christmas traditions...

Sugarplum's Mom said...

LOL!!! My grammy also has quite the naughty sense of humor. Upon being introduced to almost anyone she immediately tells whatever dirty joke is in her head. Here's one for the season:

Why was the snowman smiling?


He heard the snow-blower was coming.