Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas .....

The annual reminders of Christmas are in full force.

Not the fact that my Christmas cactus has its first bloom.


Nor the fact that the Salvation Army red bucket bell ringers are in front of every store.


Even the decorated trees that are up, aren't nudging my mind.


No, I know Christmas is well on way because I have seen this:

In Walgreens : The Clapper, gift wrapped with a red bow and ribbon.


At Krogers: Boxed sky high, The Chia Pet, your choice, pig, man's head, sheep, etc.


On TV: And my personal favorite, The Norelco Shaver, being ridden by Santa himself!


What non-traditional reminder do you have each year that it 'tis the season?

9 comments:

San said...

Ha! That's easy. Dear hubby decides to do all the major (and messy) projects around the house that I ask him to do in the fall!

Anonymous said...

All the Fruitcakes are out. Literally.

Nancy said...

sgk: bwahahahahahahahah!

Kellan said...

YES - we got Alexis one of those Chia Christmas Trees - it's sitting on my counter in the kitchen in all its glory!

Merry Christmas - Kellan

Anonymous said...

The Clydesdale commercials. I swear they're the same as they were in the 70s.

Angel said...

I don't even have my tree up yet....I gotta get busy.

fruitcakes! HAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law once told me that her October 24 birthday reminds her that Christmas Eve is only 2 months away. So every time I send her a birthday card, I'm reminded, too. Plus, I have a friend whose Christmas card always arrives the day after Thanksgiving. The awareness and pressure starts early!

SGK: LMAO!

Michael said...

LOL @ SGK. Spoken like a happy retail employee :)

delmer said...

The Norelco Shaver is my favorite. It reminds me of when I was young -- I thought it was the coolest commercial *ever* back then.