Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Madonna's Childhood Home Fire

Last Friday the house that Madonna grew up in caught on fire. It was reported in the Detroit Free Press as possible arson. The house is about 2 miles from where I work. I have seen the story on a lot of news websites now, but without any pictures.

So today, on my lunch hour, I drove over there. The local arson squad was there, so I just snapped a few on the run because they were outside.

Here they are ... the street and the house. No biggie, eh?
[click on photos to enlarge]









8 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

It's nice to know you can live in a nice, nondescript house and grow up to be friggin' MADONNA.

John D. said...

Interesting.

Did Glenn's house catch on fire too? ; )

Just funnin' witcha Marie Millard.

Dubya's coming to (my) town this weekend. Delivering the speech at Monticello as people receive their new citizenship.

Audubon Ron said...

Hmm, looky-Lou you.

Michael said...

Where's all the fire damage? They must have put it out quick.

Actually, it's probably a good thing the house looks OK in your pics. A $3M house down the street from me/my parents burnt to the ground in Feb. My curiosity got the best of me and I drove by. I had nightmares for weeks after that.

Joan said...

Arson? Keep us updated.

Pink said...

perhaps a phoenix will rise?
xx
pinks

Angel said...

that just cannot be the house the MADONNA grew up in! It's so....normal!!!!

Sherry said...

Looks like just "any old house" but obviously someone has a thing about Madonna to light a torch to it!