Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

Roadtrip! [via air]


Thelma Sandi (my sister) and Louise I have had enough of this long, cold, dreary, did I say L O N G winter! Sub zero temps the past couple months, snow so high it will take until August to melt ... no wait, our flippin' sixty degree temps last week melted most of it and the rain that followed dissolved the rest.

So, it snowed this past Saturday. And the prediction for tonight through Wednesday? More S N O W. And the temps ... mid 20's.

Hasta la Viesta Baby!

Our bag's (one bag each, meaning we don't want to need much more than shorts, T's, and swimsuits) are packed, our flight leaves in less than 24 hours and a car awaits us at the furthest point of Florida.

With nothing more than a GPS and ZERO plans, we will be hitting the road to ... humm, where are we going San? Beaches, water, beaches, sunshine, beaches, foo-foo drinks, cabana boys, beaches, and slathering on the suntan lotion as we go.

Our plans are as well thoughout as Thelma and Louise. (With the slight adjustment of no killing of any men, not by gun point at least, and no cliff diving at the end of our trip.)

Can't say we'd pass on picking up Brad Pitt though, if he's out there hitch-hiking.

We'll have our cameras and laptop and post along the way.

TEN, count 'em TEN days in Florida to do nothing or everything, what ever we want!

15 comments:

Mary Alice said...

Oh, you girls...enjoy!

Patience said...

Can I go wif you guys?!?

Nancy said...

Patience: You sure can!

San said...

I am soooo ready!

debra said...

more snow here, too, today. And I'm cold. Again. Still. Have a wonderful warm sunny time!

Sherry said...

Oh my gosh...I love that you two are doing this...with no "plans" just a destination and letting the day(s) take you...what bliss!!!!!

Robin said...

Sounds utterly wonderful! Have a fabulous time.

Anonymous said...

C'mon down---the weather's great! I'm looking out the window right now and the sun is shining and it's in the 70's. Hope you two have a fabulous time.

Michael said...

I want your boss!

Nancy said...

Karin: I HOPE we can meet up .... we'll certainly try!

Michael: Hey, you get vacation time! I think you even get more than I do!

Mrs. G. said...

Don't blow up any fuel trucks and have fun!

Angel said...

I wanna go too!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The green glow you see from the other side of Lake Michigan? That would be ME. Jealous!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Wait a minute, the "furthest point of Florida"?? Are you going to Key West???

Ellie