Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Don't Want to Go Home

Chops City Grille
on 5th (is there any other street?)
Naples, Florida

Sandi and I went in just before the dinner rush hour. We were seated immediately.

Joseph (boyfriend of the day) went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our dinner was perfect.

I began with a pomegranate martini, San ordered a glass of Pinot Noir. Both very good.

I chose Blackened Salmon with a Bourbon brown sugar glaze, that included sauteed spinach and "creamier" potatoes. All was superb, but I passed on the potatoes and would have preferred it served with wild rice.

Sandi's entree was Panko Encrusted Orange Grouper. Served with sauteed mango, snow peas, broccoli, and red peppers, in a citrus sweet and sour sauce with brown rice. She enjoyed it all and said she wouldn't suggest to change a thing.

We shared cheesecake with a berry topping. I'm not even going to go further. I'm sure just talking about it would add another 30 bazillion calories into my system.

Joseph paid close attention to timing and the service was perfect.

I'd highly recommend Chops City Grille, and ask for Joseph as your server.

And today (Saturday) ... a day at the beach ... is there anything better? I think not.

Here's my new buddy, I call him Jonathan ... he hung out with me all afternoon. I guess my hand feeding him Tostitos was his motivation for befriending me.

There's always a catch, isn't there?





*Hush about the no make-up ... I'm on vacation, no one knows me so I can go without it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously neither boyfriend was that worried about your lack of makeup. ;-)

Sherry said...

I haven't even had breakfast yet -- 3 sips of coffee and reading this I can hear my stomach screaming at me...did you not have make-up on?!? I'm sorry -- your tan covered that fact nicely!!!

Thomas said...

What? NO Blush?

And what is it with you and animals?