Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Reading Between the Lines

Some days I spend my lunch hour wandering around Barnes and Noble or Borders.

Yesterday, it was Borders. I bought three books.

As I checked out, the guy ringing up my purchase studied the three titles.

Then, he looked at me.

He looked again at the books with a slight grin and a raised eyebrow.

As he looked back at me he said, "I think I'd rather spend time talking to you than reading any of these books."

Now was that because he though the actual books weren't anything he'd read?

Was it because he wondered WTF rolls around in my noodle that these particular books were my choices?

Or was it because he liked my smirk glasses?

:: shrugs ::


17 comments:

Nancy said...

Sunshine: ya think ?????? [smirk]

Anonymous said...

After serious consideration, I think I have to agree with all of the above.

Bruce Johnson said...

He probably thought there was something interesting rolling around in your noggin based on your book choices.

Nancy said...

Bruce:
[forehead slap] I'm so blond! (wink)

Michael said...

Crap...my comment didn't post the first time I tried. Hmmm...

As I was saying, I highly doubt he gave two craps about two of your book choices...it was THAT one that he found intriguing. Plus I'm sure he thought he could score.

You never cease to amaze...you are an interesting one, Marie Millard.

San said...

The glasses...definitely the glasses ; )

Sherry said...

Hmmm..perhaps he matched the glasses with the dominant female and had a few thoughts rolling around in "his" "noodle"....lol!!! You're so cute!!

dkuroiwa said...

Oh Nancy, Nancynancynancy.....
He just thought you were a very open-minded-well-rounded-baaaaaaaaaaaaaad-girl.
And I'm thinking that the glasses probably helped.

Mary Alice said...

A smart dominatrix - now that's HAWT

Jan said...

I'm a bookseller; he was SO flirting with you.

Anonymous said...

All that smirking is going to get you in trouble one of these days. ;-)

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I don't know. If he *was* hitting on you, he didn't do it very gracefully. He insulted your books!

Ellie

Anonymous said...

Sex,Spirituality,and Politics.

Good choices and yes he was trying to hit on you.

Twisted Cinderella said...

I have to say this post and the subsequent comments has me laughing out loud this morning.

Anonymous said...

C'mon, you're a hottie. Nothing like a brainy woman who also happens to be smokin'.

Audubon Ron said...

JUST when I think'in I'm over it, you go and pull the leather bondage shit out again. You do that to bend my mind.

Thomas said...

He wants to be submissive to your dominance. *kinky*