Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BlogHer SF 2008,the Cliff Notes

Whew, what a trip. BlogHer can't really be described, you just have to experience it.

I met so many wonderful women ...and men bloggers too. Yes, I went to the BlogHim session hosted by Karl. Average Jane and I decided to represent.

I was looking forward to meeting some of the wonderful women from the blogs I faithfully read Amie, Steph, Kristin, Susan, etc., etc.,etc. and was glad to have met many many more. I can't even begin. I have a huge stack of cards to many blogs that I plan on checking out.

Personally? Every day was full, meeting new people. Every night was a party, seriously!

I was at Guy Kawasaki's wonderful house party. And no, I'm not sure how I ended up on the shuttle to his house. Someone came up to me and said I was going, and it was going to be fun. And it was. What a nice guy person that Guy is.

I met Jenny and Jennie and oh boy! Our night out at the Starlight Room, on the 21st floor was hot and fun. Jenny, you could have been a Solid Gold Dancer! Amazing, that girl never stops!

The last night "Dooce" was the keynote speaker. True to her dog Chuck's talent, Heather agreed to pose for a photo balancing something on her head. (my sunglasses) Thanks again Heather for helping me win a bet. Yes, she truly is a soft spoken, nice person. Jon is kinda hot too!

I got home Monday and later that evening, with dark circles and fried brains, I met Ree and Sunshine for dinner. Two perfect women to close out my first BlogHer experience with.


Thanks again to the wonderful guest posters that took my place with their greatest hits while I was gone:

Ree from My Life As a Hotfessional
Delmer from What's a Delmer Look Like
Joan from Southern Suburbia
Michael from Captain Obvious

Delmer? I miss all the fun we had in Pete's Court! How did we end up there anyway?

21 comments:

Kellan said...

Oh - I should have hooked up with you to go down to the Pier!!!! I was so alone, but I did enjoy it and the food was yummy!

I so enjoyed meeting you and talking at Macys. It was fun - wasn't it - all of it?! I'm going to plan on going next year and I hope you will be there. In the meantime, let's try to stay in touch! You are a delight and thanks for taking time to spend with me!

See you soon - Kellan

Anonymous said...

So glad your back, and that you had a good time. You were missed..

Terri said...

Dooce and Sonia in the same week? Wow (that was a "Joey from Blossom" WOW). I'm quite jealous and kicking myself in the buttocks since I at least had an opportunity to meet Sonia. I suck.

Sherry said...

Glad you made it home safe and "sound" (I'll know how "sound" you are as the week progresses!! Sounds like you packed in a LOT in a short period of time!).

Always a wonderful experience to meet those we have come to know so well only through our words.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time. Looks like you met alot of really nice people.

Jen said...

Wheee!! That just sounds so memorable!!!!!!!

And the Kawasaki partay - how on earth??

Anonymous said...

You could have cropped out my fat arm! ;-)

Snirk.

CecilyK said...

It was lovely to meet you at the conference, and I used the candle last night! :) Btw, the tag line on your card? AWESOME.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading (and loving) your blog for a while now, so it was so very nice to meet you and be able to have such a lovely conversation with you!

Joan said...

Great pictures. Guy Kawasaki and Dooce. Wow! Look forward to more details.

Anonymous said...

You look so hawt with dark circles and fried brains!

Sunshine said...

Meeting you two was totally worth being tired the next day! Glad you made it, we'll talk more when I get back home. :)
We stayed an extra day, heading out tomorrow...

Michael said...

Way cool...glad you had a good time.

Katelin said...

it was great meeting you this weekend. i'm finally getting to all the cards and can't wait to read more of your blog.

and love the picture with heather :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blast!

John D. said...

Hello Love.

Just now catching up with everyone. Glad you had fun on your trip. But I'm jealous so many people got to meet you and I DIDN'T! : )

Kristabella said...

So glad to meet you! I'm glad you had a good time!

And wow! The Dooce photo is priceless. I hope it was a large bet!

Lawyer Mama said...

It was great to finally meet you! Just wish we could have hung out more. There's just too damn much to do at BlogHer! (-;

Kevin McKeever said...

See, we daddy blogger are people just like you. Without the extra naughty bits, though. Found you thru Backpacking Dad.

Rick said...

Did know that there was a BlogHim - probably not nearly as fun as the girlie side.

http://www.organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

jennyonthespot said...

Jean Van Dorsten here - I mean Jennyonthespot!!! It was so much fun meeting you, hanging out... laughing, dancing... laughing! What a treat to have met you! Thanks for linking - know I plan on doing the same as soon as I can get my act together! Gotta go burn your feed now!

Big hug!