Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

96.3 WDVD Deeee-troit!

I never play radio call in games. They are so frustrating. Always a busy signal and hitting redial a bazillion times just to hear a loud pitched default noise followed by an obnoxious voice saying "all circuits are busy, please try again."

This morning I am at work and I knew of their latest game. There are fifty purses, all designer, from Prada, to Chanel, YSL, LV, Dooney & Bourke, etc. Out of the fifty, ten have $1,000 in them.

The DJ announced that the 96th caller would definitely win a purse and it could possibly have $1000 in it. I dialed and got the expected busy signal. I hit redial a couple times, listening to the music in the background of my office thinking I should stop because they probably have the caller by now.

Then I got a ring ...it kept ringing, like 6-8 times before it was answered with "you are the 96th caller." Just like all the other dumb responses I've laughed at, there I am saying "are you are kidding me?" to which he replied, "I don't kid about that!" He had me pick a purse, giving me a choice of three random numbers 35, 40, or 42. I picked 42, and he announced I won a Dooney & Bourke brown leather bag valued at $285, then he opened it up.

Drum-roll please ... ONE THOUSAND BUCK-A-ROOS! I have never won a thing in my life. Sure feels good!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOOO HOOOO!!! What a great birthday present!

Michael said...

Aunt Nancy...my favorite aunt...LOL...*wink, wink*

That is so cool! Congrats!

Michael said...

P.S. You forgot the "t" in Deeee-troit. Deee-roit sounds so funny :)

Twisted Cinderella said...

That is really awesome! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

My boss is sooo very jealous. Enjoy the purse and the moola.....

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Very cool! Congrats!

Tracey said...

Wow! That is to cool. Congrats on your win! (BTW...LOVE your profile! I can totally relate...)

Jane Parker said...

Hi, Congrats for winning a nice purse. I am just like you. But I hardly participate in radio game shows. Whenever I have tried I had to face the same problem - The circuit is busy, please try again later. It just makes me very irritated. But once I have also won, a sum of $150. Little but I am happy, alteast I have one thing to say when any one says that he / she had won some gift on radio.
Bye and Happy Birthday.