Robin, from Around the Island, sent (and tagged) me the Honest Scrap Award.
Before passing it on, I'm to list 10 truthful facts about myself.
Sounds pretty loose ended, so here goes. I'll try not to repeat things from previous meme's.
1. I can't sing, unless off-key counts.
2. In the very early 70's (K? do you remember the year?) Karin and I sat on stage at a Leon Russell concert at Cobo Hall and thought we were bad asses for doing so. Now, annually, Leon plays at a small venue in Ferndale Michigan, The Magic Bag. It's like being in a corner bar, a nasty corner bar, a corner bar I'd rather not sit in.
3. I never went to a prom or homecoming dance.
4. I'd donate a kidney if it would help someone. Especially my brother.
5. I can't help but to peek when everyone bows their head in prayer. I like to make eye contact and smirk at the other "peekers".
6. I like the "classic" Aretha Franklin. I did not like the hat she wore to the inauguration yesterday. I did not like her voice. And I did not like how she sang the first line of "My Country, Tis of Thee", placing a break in the wording ... "My count try tis of thee...." Maybe it's my 12 year old boy mind that kicked in, but I didn't like it.
7. I tend to lead when slow dancing. Don is going to break me of that habit, right Don?
8. I like granny smith apple slices dipped in warm, gooey brie.
9. My father took his own life, 29 years ago . (Betcha didn't see that one coming.)
10. I believe there are more good people in my life than probably really are.
There you have it. I'm supposed to tag it on, but I think I'll just say grab the award and spill 10 things if you feel like purging. Let me know if you do so I can come by and read your post.