Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Eggs-travagant

Because I am on a perpetual diet, I am forever looking for "new, great tasting recipe ideas" to try *yeah, right* Don't you hate the diet food marketing campaigns? We are over weight, not under brained! No matter how they slice it, dice it, package it, or color it, most diet foods taste like Styrofoam and look like cardboard.

Fruit, vegi's, fish, meat, cheese, blah blah blah blah. One thing I don't tire of is eggs. I like omeletts for lunch or dinner. I like egg salad with lite mayo on celery. Scrambled eggs in the microwave is super fast for the always-late-for-work me. My favorite though is hard boiled. Until today, I assumed my simple, perfectly timed, bright yellow, hard but not dried out yolk, never having that gray halo, boiled egg couldn't be topped. My nephew Michael, working in Germany, attended a party celebrating Carnival and someone actually brought this as a dish. I mean really, who would have ever thought you could do all this to hard boiled eggs? I am ashamed of myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of food today also because it is Fat Tuesday so I was compelled to buy a dozen paczki and bring to work.

Michael said...

LOL...I love it. Maike would be so proud!

Anonymous said...

Does Martha Stewart know about this?

sometrouble said...

My sister draws various detailed silly faces with sharpie markers on the hardboiled ones to differentiate them from the raw ones in the fridge. i had a photo somewhere...