Memorial Day is the kick off for BBQ season. This is usually the only type of cooking a "real" man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.
When a man volunteers to do the BBQ duties the following chain of events are put into motion:
1. The woman buys the food.
2. The woman makes the salad, preps vegis, makes dessert.
3. The woman preps the meat for cooking, places it on a tray with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, then takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grille, beer in hand.
Now the important part:
4. THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILLE *whew*
5. The woman goes inside, organizes plates and cutlery.
6. The woman comes out, tells the man the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks her to bring him another beer while he deals with the situation.
Another Important Part:
7. THE MAN TAKES THE MEET OFF THE GRILLE AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
8. The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces and brings them to the table.
9. After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
Now, the most important part of all:
10. Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking and wonderful dinner.
11. The man, with beer in hand, asks the woman how she enjoyed her night off from cooking.
12. After seeing the woman's annoyed reaction, the man concludes there is no pleasing a woman.
(I know this has been around, but it's funny and true)
*Picture note* The women in the '60's wore dresses and heels to BBQ's. June Cleaver was such a trend setter wasn't she?