Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Over-baaaaaaaaaaaay"

Bottom of the 9th: Jays 5, Tigers 2

BUT, we had fanfunkintastic seats!
First row behind visitors dugout.


Beer, hot dogs, peanuts, down by 3, did I mention great seats?

We also had the drunk guy standing/walking/moving/ behind, to the side, and in front of us non-stop yelling to Toronto's 1st baseman Lyle Overbay.

"Over-baaaaaaaaaaaaay" x's 500 x's a million decibel's.

We never did figure out why he was yelling at him and Overbay had his drunk-dar earplugs properly in place.

Abrey Huff hit a homer to tie the game.

Then the rain started.

Damn, did we have great seats!

Bottom of the 10th Brandon Inge scores on Alex Avila's hit and with the win, the rain stops.


But, "Over-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" didn't.

Detroit Tigers 6 - Toronto Blue Jays 5


Sorry Sherry, here's your happy campers:


P.S. Remember last game when I got a $30 parking ticket that I was going to fight? I took all kinds of photos of the area (panoramic view even) showing no signs posted, to send in with the unpaid ticket?

Yeah, I didn't remember it either until I got a late notice and an increase to $80.

That spot was always available to park at before ... always for night games.

So oops, I did it again! Another fricking $30 ticket.

I better get my Denny Crane brain going and do something about it.

7 comments:

Michael said...

What...no post about your favorite nephew's 31st birthday??? I'm disappointed.

Sherry said...

LOL!!! On my "happy campers"!!! Hey, you win some, you lose some!! Glad your guys won...just what you want when you are "sitting right there".

Over-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....I can "hear" that guy in my head now and I wasn't even there!!! It will be going through my head all day!!

Great seats though...who scores this stuff? You or Don? He's a keeper Nancy!!! (as if you didn't already know that!!) :)

Joan said...

Glad you had fun. App lost Saturday but it was a good time too.

Nancy said...

Sherry: Yep he's a keeper!
And he's the one that "scores" ... he's a bad-ass like that ;)

Nancy said...

Joan: I know your App season will be fun, wins and losses ... you always have great times at the games =)

ree said...

Hey, at least you got to see them win! ;-) They're going to back into the playoffs unless Minnesota and Chicago get their act together.

Bruce Johnson said...

and I thought baseball was expensive in Phoenix. Your parking tickets cost more than our entire game....